Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Fibre Channel link not ready on Netra 240 Post 303034411 by hicksd8 on Thursday 25th of April 2019 05:03:01 AM
Old 04-25-2019
Well, yes, it is complaining about a Fibre Channel failure. You have a qlc adapter (QLogic OEM board) in there. If you haven't already done so, I would be inclined to remove that adapter from its slot and just plug it in again. It might just be poor contacts with the backplane. Also, unplug/replug the FC cable(s) at both ends.

Does the qlc BIOS announce itself on boot? If so, can you key the required sequence (CTRL-Q if I remember correctly) and enter the BIOS setup?
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Netra 240 Hard disk are not detected

Hi All, I have new Netra 240 box which is not detecting its harddisk equiped with itse same har disk are detected when I swap with another machine. Same time If I swap hardisk of other machine to this Netra 240 box, also do not work. I have checked chassis, cabling etc and all looks fine. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xpwistler
1 Replies

2. AIX

Fibre channel drivers on RS/6000 aix 5L

Want to configure IBM raid strorage but the aix 5L cds do not have the drivers for the fibre channels. The machine is RS/6000. I have gone to IBM downlaodable sites but i can't find the drivers? help pliz:mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
4 Replies

3. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

netra 240 difference

Hi, sunfire v240 and netra 240 are looks similar. system board, memory and processors are similar, then why netra 240 called as telco server? can anyone tell the difference. RJS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

USCSICMD ioctl calls for Fibre Channel(FC) devices on Solaris 10?

Hi , I have wrtitten a C program that issues USCSICMD ioctl call to the tape devices attached on solaris sparc 10. I was able to get the required information from all SCSI tape devices attached using the utility. But, whenever it is run on FC attached tape drives , the program returns an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen448
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN Netra 240 Boot error

Hi, When I am trying to boot my SUN Netra 240 Machine its giving some boot error. > {1} ok boot -i > Boot device: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a File and args: -i > Boot load failed. > The file just loaded does not appear to be executable. > {1} ok I tried to boot it from cdrom... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppandey21
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Fibre Channel HBA recommendations?

We will be buying new Xeon E5-based servers for our datacenter and were wondering which Fibre Channel host bus adapters we should select for these. The choices are Emulex or QLogic (8Gb FC HBAs). Anybody have any recommendations on which is the better choice? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atahmass
1 Replies

8. Hardware

POST displays error sparc netra 240

Hi guys, when I power on my sun netra 240 server, it displays these error messages: 1. Notice: cpu 0 has 2048/2048 MB of memory disabled. 2. Error : The following devices are disabled dimm1. Please can anyone be kind enough to explain this for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fibre channel link down on booting Solaris server

Hi I had power issue that affected a server, in which I had power ON the server SPARC T1-B3 running solaris 10. After power on the system stops at ok prompt, them I issued the following commands: {0} ok setenv auto-boot? false auto-boot? = false {0} ok reset-all SPARC T3-1B,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

10. AIX

[ASK] - AIX Fibre Channel behavior

Hello all, Let me introduce about the context and my environment. We have an AIX 6.1 system, it has 4 FC channels / > lsdev -Cc adapter | grep fcs fcs0 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs1 Available 23-T1 Virtual Fibre Channel Client Adapter fcs2 Available 23-T1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
14 Replies
qlc(7D) 																   qlc(7D)

NAME
qlc - ISP2200, ISP2300, and SP212 Family Fibre Channel host bus adapter driver. SYNOPSIS
SUNW,qlc The qlc host bus adapter driver is a Sun Fibre Channel transport layer-compliant nexus driver for the Qlogic ISP2200, ISP2200A, ISP2310, ISP2312, and SP212 adapters. These adapters support Fibre Channel SCSI and IP Protocols, FC-AL public loop profile, point-to-point fab- ric connection and Fibre Channel service classes two and three (see NOTES section below). The qlc driver interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport layer to support the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. It supports auto request sense and tagged queueing by default. The driver requires that all devices have unique hard addresses in private loop configurations. Devices with conflicting hard addresses are not accessible. /kernel/drv/qlc 32-bit ELF kernel module () /kernel/drv/amd64/qlc 64-bit ELF kernel module () /kernel/drv/sparcv9/qlc 64-bit ELF kernel module (SPARC) /kernel/drv/qlc.conf Driver configuration file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWqlc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fcp(7D), fp(7D) Writing Device Drivers ANSI X3.230:1994, Fibre Channel Physical Signaling (FC-PH) Project 1134-D, Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) ANSI X3.269-1996, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.270-1996, Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP-SCSI) ANSI X3.270-1996, SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA) ISP2200 Firmware Interface Specification, QLogic Corporation ISP2300 Series Firmware Specification, QLogic Corporation NOTES
SP-212-based host bus adapters (including QLA-210) are supported on x86 platforms only and are limited to a maximum of 8 targets in fab- ric and sixteen targets in local loop topology. FL topology is not supported with the SP-212-based host bus adapter. 21 Feb 20054 qlc(7D)