Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace part of string? Post 303034342 by green_k on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 02:31:09 PM
Old 04-23-2019
How to replace part of string?

Hi Gurus,

I need to replace part of string in file, the string format is below: I can use ABCD to find string, then replace values after "=" sign

Code:
ABCD_XXX=value
ABCD_YYY=value

after replace
Code:
ABCD_XXX=new_value
ABCD_YYY=new_value

my OS is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v

thanks in advance

Last edited by green_k; 04-23-2019 at 04:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a part of string

Hi, I have files that are named front1.txt to front999.txt. They are all in the same directory. To change "front" to "back", I am doing something like this. for file in *.txt; do new=`echo $file | sed 's/^**/back/g'` mv $file $new done My problem is what if files are named... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding replace a part of a string

hi all. i have a file name like abcd_vbnh.a_p i have to copy it as abcd_vbnh.a every time... in unix not in perl please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace part of single string in a file

hi! i have a file consisting of the following lines: (BTW, = space) . . . 12ME_T1mapping_flip30bshortf 13DCE_whole_brainbshortf 13DCE_3Dbshortf . . . the list of scans starts at 1 and goes on sometimes up to 60 scans. i would like to change only the lines that contain 'whole' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seach for part of string and replace whole word

I am trying to find words in a text with a certain ending with sed and replace them with themselves but wrapped in tabs ex.: The fish swims in the water. -> searching for -ms ending The fish <tab>swims<tab>in the water. I've been trying all sorts of commands and get either an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinnes
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a part of the string

Hi I need to Replace a part of string in between one complete string. For e.g.. in the file the value is as: jobnm_$code_xyz_001 In script we are having a variable code=$3, where $3=ab final output should be jobnm_ab_xyz_001. But it is not working. Your help will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - replace only on part of the string

Hello there, I need some help. I have a file containing this : $ cat file PARM1=(VAL11),PARM2=(VAL21,VAL22,VAL23),PARM3=(VAL31),PARM4=(VAL41,VAL42) and I need to replace all the ',' by '|' but only those which are between brackets. Output would be :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sephiburp
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)