Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Orphaned process "D" state
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Orphaned process "D" state Post 303034234 by Phat on Monday 22nd of April 2019 08:14:43 AM
Old 04-22-2019
Orphaned process "D" state

Hello,

How can we clear the D state (orphaned) process? I have tried to kill it with kill -9 but not work.

The server is critical, so is there anyway to clear the D process without rebooting the server?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

5. BSD

Process stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state?

Hi Community, i have one M5000 spare machine which was handled by support team. they told me that it is gone completely . i have checked the status. before it was showing MBU_B degraded. i updated to latest firmware and , resetted the xscf and now this is showing as normal. MBU_B... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
clear clearinghouse(1m) 												   clear clearinghouse(1m)

NAME
clear clearinghouse - Removes knowledge of the specified clearinghouse from the server's memory SYNOPSIS
cdscp clear clearinghouse clearinghouse-name ARGUMENTS
clearinghouse-name The full name of the clearinghouse. DESCRIPTION
The clear clearinghouse command removes knowledge of the specified clearinghouse from the server's memory. The clearinghouse files are not deleted. This ensures that the clearinghouse is not automatically enabled on server restarts. If you issue a list clearinghouse command, the clearinghouse will be listed. Before you can delete a cleared clearinghouse, you must use the create clearinghouse command to recreate it. After recreating the clear- inghouse, you can use the delete clearinghouse command to remove it. This command is part of the process of relocating a clearinghouse. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the server on which the clearinghouse resides. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command clears the clearinghouse /.:/Paris2_CH before moving it to another server: cdscp> clear clearinghouse /.:/Paris2_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide Commands: create clearinghouse(1m), delete clearinghouse(1m), list clearinghouse(1m), set cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show cdscp preferred clearinghouse(1m), show clearinghouse(1m) clear clearinghouse(1m)