Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curl and write custom result to file Post 303034144 by charli1 on Friday 19th of April 2019 07:17:46 AM
Old 04-19-2019
So when i add any commands to the first script example below,i get a lot more stuff, that could be the reason that i cant ge't what i need,
Code:
for i in $(cat MyWebApps); do curl -u manager:tH1s1s4f3k3p4ssw0Rd http://10.10.10.10:7529/manager/jmxproxy/"?get=Catalina:type=Manager,context=/$i,host=localhost&att=activeSessions" | grep 'context'; done

Code:
OK - Attribute get 'Catalina:type=Manager,context=/MyWebApp1,host=localhost' - activeSessions = 0
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100    95  100    95    0     0  26942      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 47500
OK - Attribute get 'Catalina:type=Manager,context=/MyWebApp2,host=localhost' - activeSessions = 0
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100    96  100    96    0     0  25552      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 48000

When i run the curl fo one single webapp it prints one single line
Code:
curl -u manager:tH1s1s4f3k3p4ssw0Rd http://10.10.10.10:7529/manager/jmxproxy/"?get=Catalina:type=Manager,context=/MyWebApp1,host=localhost&att=activeSessions"

Code:
OK - Attribute get 'Catalina:type=Manager,context=/MyWebApp1,host=localhost' - activeSessions = 2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to output curl result as html

hi, new to scripting and would like to know how can I have a script which will curl a few URLs and have the results such as the URLs being curled, dns lookup time, connection time, total time, etc save in a html format in a form of table with column and rows. thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidusr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write result of a query to more than 1 .csv

If the result of the query is greater than say, 50,000 then the next 50,000 should be written to the second file and so on. Is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write result to output file

Good morning everybody, Beeing an absolute newbie in shell scripting I would like to look for some help here. I would like to read an external text file and format the data and write it to an output file. What I was trying to do was to display the result (this worked). But now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejean1976
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to write result to a file

Hello, How can I run this script every 1 hour and save its result to result.txt ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' Regards Shaan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 file and write result

Hi friends...I have 2 files, file1.txt and reference.txt I could able to find difference using diff and following command awk 'NR == FNR { A=1; next } !A' reference.txt file1.txt above command listing data which is not in reference.txt 12.12 87 11.95 88 11.83 89 12.55 84... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file - custom req.

Hello everybody, I have a file to split in a bit different way. My file looks like this: My_file.dat 123333333|01|38|440X|P 384747382|32|31|440X|P 320384743|32|54|420Y|I 843739349|12|43|420Y|I I need to split it into: MYFILE_440X_P.dat 123333333|01|38 384747382|32|31 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijou
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Split file with header and custom name

Hi, I am using SUN SOLARIS (SunOS sun4v sparc SUNW, T5240). I have a huge data file with header and trailer. This file gets used into an ETL process. ETL skips the header record (which is the first record of the file) and loads the rest of the record. The file can be delimited (comma,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies
NTPTRACE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       NTPTRACE(8)

NAME
ntptrace -- trace a chain of NTP servers back to the primary source SYNOPSIS
ntptrace [-vdn] [-r retries] [-t timeout] [server] DESCRIPTION
The ntptrace utility determines where a given Network Time Protocol (NTP) server gets its time from, and follows the chain of NTP servers back to their master time source. If given no arguments, it starts with ``localhost''. Here is an example of the output from ntptrace: % ntptrace localhost: stratum 4, offset 0.0019529, synch distance 0.144135 server2ozo.com: stratum 2, offset 0.0124263, synch distance 0.115784 usndh.edu: stratum 1, offset 0.0019298, synch distance 0.011993, refid 'WWVB' On each line, the fields are (left to right): the host name, the host stratum, the time offset between that host and the local host (as mea- sured by ntptrace; this is why it is not always zero for ``localhost''), the host synchronization distance, and (only for stratum-1 servers) the reference clock ID. All times are given in seconds. Note that the stratum is the server hop count to the primary source, while the syn- chronization distance is the estimated error relative to the primary source. These terms are precisely defined in RFC 1305. The following options are available: -d Turn on some debugging output. -n Turn off the printing of host names; instead, host IP addresses are given. This may be necessary if a nameserver is down. -r retries Set the number of retransmission attempts for each host; the default is 5. -t timeout Set the retransmission timeout (in seconds); the default is 2. -v Print verbose information about the NTP servers. SEE ALSO
ntpd(8), ntpdc(8) D L Mills, Network Time Protocol (Version 3), RFC1305. BUGS
This program makes no attempt to improve accuracy by doing multiple samples. BSD
January 6, 2000 BSD