Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vue.js Steam Chat
Top Forums Web Development Vue.js Steam Chat Post 303034108 by Neo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 08:10:17 AM
Old 04-18-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7514

I was able to get message history working within a vue-pubnub project sans any help from PubNub.

Basically, message / chat history is working in version 0.7514

Code:
https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/chatroom

Now, I need to write some hybrid code to show the number of members in the chat, their names, etc. and add more features.

The PubNub folks said doing this in Vue.js is "pioneering" work and few have done it; so I guess after months at it, I'm finally getting caught up to the state-of-the-art (or getting closer),

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Documenting Installation Problem with vue-beautiful-chat

REF: https://github.com/mattmezza/vue-beautiful-chat $ git clone https://github.com/mattmezza/vue-beautiful-chat.git Cloning into 'vue-beautiful-chat'... remote: Enumerating objects: 534, done. remote: Total 534 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 534 Receiving objects: 100%... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
mdimport(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       mdimport(1)

NAME
mdimport, mdimport32 -- import file hierarchies into the metadata datastore. SYNOPSIS
mdimport [-VXLArgn] [-d level | category] [-w delay] file | directory mdimport32 [-VXLArgn] [-d level | category] [-w delay] file | directory DESCRIPTION
mdimport is used to test Spotlight plug-ins, list the installed plug-ins and schema, and re-index files handled by a plug-in when a new plug- in is installed. mdimport32 is used in exactly the same way, but for 32 bit plugins. The following options are available: -g plugin Load the plugin at the provided path, ignoring system installed plugins. Useful for testing plugins that have not yet been installed. -V Print timing information for this run of mdimport. -A Print out the list of all of the attributes and their localizations in the current language and exit. -X Print the schema file and exit -r Ask the server to reimport files for UTIs claimed by the listed plugin. For example, the following would cause all of the chat files on the system to be reimported: mdimport -r /System/Library/Spotlight/Chat.mdimporter -p Print out performance information gathered during the run. -L Print the list of installed importers and exit. -d level Print debugging information. Level can be 1-4. -n Don't actually set the attributes on the file. Useful for debugging. -w msecs Wait for the specified interval between scanning files. NOTES
The -f switch is obsolete in Leopard and beyond. SEE ALSO
mdfind(1), mdutil(1), mdls(1) Mac OS X Oct 27, 2004 Mac OS X