Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create symlink for latest file only? Post 303033874 by solaris_1977 on Friday 12th of April 2019 06:13:27 PM
Old 04-12-2019
This worked well. Thanks much
This User Gave Thanks to solaris_1977 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating symlink

hi... I have a folder<abc> under /root folder. I want to create a symlink such that when i click on folder<abc> under root, should display my home folder (home/krish). Immediate inputs appreciated..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama.honge
1 Replies

2. Solaris

symlink on link file

Hi all, I want to create a symlink on a link file, i mean, there is a file which is actually a symlink of some version. Now i want to create one more symlink on that link file. EX: there is a file: uat -> version prod -> version Now i want to create one more link on these 'uat' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ln -s creates symlink in symlink, if [ -f ... ] says file that exists doesn't exist

Hi Forums, I got a little problem, I made a few modifications to the code of the launch script of a testing server(minecraft) and now updating is broken aswell as the automatic directory creation. These Lines somehow create an endless symlink that refers to itself and I don't know how to fix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xaymar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count for symlink using find command

Hi Guys, The script which I am using works really good for finding the file count for files that are not symlink. I know I can use find command like: find . -type l | wc -l This way I can get filecount of the symlink but is there a one liner to use -type l and -type f option ? That is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create t a filelist with the latest file by YYYYMMDD and move to subfolder

Hi all, I am receiving files named like: ABC_20120730.csv ABC_20120801.csv ABC_20120812.csv They are residing in a folder named Incoming. I am supposed to write a script that will create a filelist which will contain only the name of the latest file beginning with ABC_, by YYYYMMDD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get the latest file from the file list and move

Hi, Anybody help me to write a Shell Script Get the latest file from the file list based on created and then move to the target directory. Tried with the following script: got error. A=$(ls -1dt $(find "cveit/local_ftp/reflash-parts" -type f -daystart -mtime -$dateoffset) | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravan_an
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tomcat 6.0 fails to read symlink(symbolic link) file

Hello all experts, Im in a situation where Tomcat simply does not want to read this file through the symlink.... I checked permissions..OK Also checked file & tomcat owner...all OK. This is what I have my /tomcat/conf/Catalina/local/appname.xml <Context> <Resource name="jdbc/black" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingaKoopa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the latest file based on a timestamp for a Dynamic file name

Hi , I did the initial search but could not find what I was expecting for. 15606Always_9999999997_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999998_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999999_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999900_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999911_20160418.xmlAbove is the list of files I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symlink creation

I am trying to setup my plex server to use symlinks rather than host the movie files. in my storage directory, i have both movies(some in subdirectory of the name and some just in the parent directory) and tvshows, which have subdirectories for each season, which contains the episodes i would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandion
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Symlink

I know how to create a symlink but I am getting an error message that the file already exists. Also, my symlink doesn't point from target directory to the path correctly, Here is an example of the path to my folder structure path: cd /wkspce/wff/DEV/jobs/DEL the folder structure is: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)