Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract date and time part from filename Post 303033694 by RudiC on Wednesday 10th of April 2019 09:34:46 AM
Old 04-10-2019
Hmmmm - not quite clear yet when you want the dots, and when the printf format strings, or when both... See how far this gets you:

Code:
awk '
FNR == 1        {FILENR++
                }
FILENR <= 2     {CNT++
                 CHFM[CNT] = $1
                 RGEX[CNT] = $2
                 DOTS[CNT] = $3
                 FMTS[CNT] = $4
                 next
                }
                {printf "%s", $0
                 for (j=4; j<=5; j++)   {TMP = $j
                                         PTR = 0
                                         for (i=1; i<=CNT; i++) if (match (TMP, CHFM[i]))       {printf "|%s|%s|%s|%s|%s", PTR + RSTART, RLENGTH, CHFM[i], DOTS[i], FMTS[i]
                                                                                                 TMP = substr (TMP, RSTART+RLENGTH)
                                                                                                 PTR += RSTART + RLENGTH - 1
                                                                                                }
                                        }
                 print ""
                }
'  FS=","  *format.csv FS="|" OFS="|" RECORD
SOURCE|LOGIN|SERVER|ABC_123_YYYYMMDD_V01P1234YYMMDDHHMISS.txt|ABC_123_V01P.YYYYMMDD.HHMISS.txt|CATEGORY|9|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|26|6|YYMMDD|......|%y%m%d|32|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S|14|8|YYYYMMDD|........|%Y%m%d|23|6|HHMISS|......|%H%M%S

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert date/time within a filename

Hi Guys, I need to script the renaming of files as followins: files: firstjd secondjo thirdjv My script needs to insert the date/time infront of the last 2 characters of the filenames above, any ideas greatly received :) the letters before the last 2 characters could change, I'm only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooperman
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a filename with system date and time

Hi, There are similar kind of posts, but none seems like working for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I need append/rename file abc.txt with file processed date and time like abc_systemdatetimestamp.txt and move it to different folder. for example I have /source/data/abc.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amsn08
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

7. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of a filename containing a particular word

Hi All, Thanks in Advance Shell Script or Perl Script I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies
file-roller(1)							   User Commands						    file-roller(1)

NAME
file-roller - create, view, modify, or unpack an archive SYNOPSIS
file-roller [--add] [--add-to=archive] [--default-dir=folder] [--extract] [--extract-here] [--extract-to=folder] [--force] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
The File Roller application enables you to create, view, modify, or unpack an archive. An archive is a file that acts as a container for other files. An archive can contain many files, folders, and subfolders, usually in compressed form. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d, --add Ask for the name of the archive, then add the files, then quit the application. -a, --add-to=archive Add files to the specified archive, then quit the application. --default-dir=folder Specify the default folder for the --add and --extract options. -f, --extract Ask for the name of the destination folder, then extract the files, then quit the application. -h, --extract-here Extract archives using the archive name as destination folder and quit the program. -e, --extract-to=folder Extract archives to the specified folder, then quit the application. --force Create the destination folder without asking for confirmation. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking an Archive example% file-roller --extract archive EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/file-roller Executable for File Roller application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNW | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
File Roller Manual ar(1), tar(1), unzip(1), zip(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 file-roller(1)