Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file Post 303033574 by vgersh99 on Monday 8th of April 2019 01:46:20 PM
Old 04-08-2019
What's the end objective?
For each label/stat combo, print out the sum (min/max/avg/???) of each stat?
What're you trying to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array variabel to awk from shell

Hi I need to pass an array to Awk script from Shell. Can you please tell how to do it? How to pass this array add_ct_arr to an awk script or access it in awk? i=1 while ; do add_ct_arr=$(echo ${adda_count} | awk -v i=$i -F" " '{print $i;}') echo ${add_ct_arr} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw to insert array values sequentially in a file

Hi All :), I am very new to unix. I am requiring ur help in developing shell script for below problem. I have to replace the second field of file with values of array sequentially where first field is ValidateKeepVar <File> UT-ExtractField 1 | &LogEntry &Keep(DatatoValidate)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohiiit.sharma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk array variable to shell

Hi, all suppose I have following myfile (delimited by tab) aa bb cc dd ee ffand I have following awk command: awk 'BEGIN{FS="\t"}{AwkArrayVar_1=$1;AwkArrayVar_2=$2};END{for(i=0; i<NR; i++) print i, AwkArrayVar_1, AwkArrayVar_2,}' myfileMy question is: how can I assign the awk array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk command to read sequentially from a file until last record

Hello, I have a file that looks like this: Generated geometry (...some special descriptor) 1 0.56784 1.45783 -0.87965 8 1.29873 -0.8767 1.098789 ... ... ... ... Generated geometry (....come special descriptor) ... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array containing file names to a sftp script?

hi, i want to pass an array parameters to a sftp script so that i can transfer each file in the array to the remote server by connecting only once to the sftp remote server. i thought of using a variable that contains list of file names separated by a space and pass the variable to the sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split list of files into an array and pass to function

There are two parts to this. In the first part I need to read a list of files from a directory and split it into 4 arrays. I have done that with the following code, # collect list of file names STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES=($(ls './'$SET'/'$FOLD'/'*'in.txt')) # get number of files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete items in an array from a file

I need to create a shell script to delete multiple items (Strings) at a time from a file. I need to iterate through a list of strings. My plan is to create an array and then iterate through the array. My code is not working #!/bin/bash -x declare -a array=(one, two, three, four)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)