Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query on Code
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Query on Code Post 303033476 by RudiC on Saturday 6th of April 2019 04:10:31 AM
Old 04-06-2019
Yes, that's a "Parameter Expansion / Remove matching suffix pattern".

man bash:
Quote:
${parameter%word}
${parameter%%word}

Remove matching suffix pattern. The word is expanded to produce a pattern just as in pathname expansion. If the pattern matches a trailing portion of the
expanded value of parameter, then the result of the expansion is the expanded value of parameter with the shortest matching pattern (the ``%'' case) or the long”
est matching pattern (the ``%%'' case) deleted.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel related query for the code..need help..

find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls it will give the result that is $8 and &9 in the result file... let say i need the result is a excel file....and i need the result to be print like $8 field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

html code in SQL query

Hi expert, I have a script which is connecting with sql internally, fetch same data, store it in a file and then from os I cat this file and sending it to mail (windows outlook). This is working fine, I just need to know wether we can add some html codes with the sql query like we can add... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcagaurav
0 Replies

9. Programming

JDBC code to pass the SQL query as parameter and execute?

Below i have the sample code. i need to pass the entire query from file or as parameter and read the results and write into a output file. here the number of columns are unknown. some times it may be 2,3 or entire columns from the table. read all the column results and write into a comma... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code - Represent one of the code structures. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(?{print "hello sailor ")}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code" is a PPIx::Regexp::Structure. "PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class represents one of the code structures, either (?{ code }) or (??{ code }) METHODS
This class provides no public methods beyond those provided by its superclass. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)