Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to grep � symbol?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep � symbol? Post 303033004 by baris35 on Thursday 28th of March 2019 10:37:33 AM
Old 03-28-2019
How to grep � symbol?

Hello,
I have multiple text files and I need to know which of them are having character issues.
Below command is not working. Maybe instead of that weird string, I should replace it with ascii code.

Code:
grep -A0 "�" file.txt

Thank you
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ unresolved symbol

I have this problem: # make gcc -g -D_REENTRANT -DDISABLE_MJPEG=1 -I. -o encmain.o -c encmain.cc ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size collect2: ld returned 8 exit status but from /usr/local/include/g++v3/bits/basic_string.h : namespace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Symbol files

How to generate the symbol file for "C" program which will help me in analysing the core dump. Can any one suggest me the tools to use. I don't whether the gcc has the option to generate symbol file while generating the object code. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkolla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The > symbol

Hi guys, Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand. Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend? Thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csb
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep problem with the ^ symbol, help needed please.

Hello I am new to this forum and have been perplexed by this issue for the last hour of my life, I've tried to search everywhere for a solution to my syntax error, but here is my code. grep -wvnf 'noise.dat' sample.out | sort output: 4:Java Swing 5:Swing Java 6:Software Requirements... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gvsumrb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to have ENTER after each symbol.

I want to know script for Input file : 123456789 outputfile : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 now please how can generalize it like i want output : 123 456 789 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkriver
5 Replies

6. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep line for string up to symbol

Hi, I would like to extract a pattern from a line. The first two characters will always be the same in this pattern, but the proceeding numbers will not be, and the pattern will always be 6 characters long. I would like to get the entire pattern up to a certain symbol, in this case, a period. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
3 Replies

8. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)