Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LM 19.1 from pendrive
Operating Systems Linux LM 19.1 from pendrive Post 303032922 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of March 2019 04:58:00 PM
Old 03-26-2019
URL is broken.

You had persistence before, did you not? The issue you had was that it was slow, but this is not unexpected -- USB is slow. Working around it meant putting everything in RAM and that, of course, is not persistent. Catch 22. Slow media does not have a go-faster button, you sped it up by not using it!

It may be possible to do something with unionfs overlays, booting from image but writing to disk, or mounting a read-write /home overtop of the imaged one, etc, etc. Not recommended unless you understand the boot process for your distribution extremely well.

Last edited by Corona688; 03-26-2019 at 06:04 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

4. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)						   User Commands						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)

NAME
grub-mkrescue - make a GRUB rescue image SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [OPTION...] [OPTION] SOURCE... DESCRIPTION
Make GRUB CD-ROM, disk, pendrive and floppy bootable image. --compress=no|xz|gz|lzo compress GRUB files [optional] -d, --directory=DIR use images and modules under DIR [default=/usr/lib/grub/<platform>] --fonts=FONTS install FONTS [default=unicode] --install-modules=MODULES install only MODULES and their dependencies [default=all] -k, --pubkey=FILE embed FILE as public key for signature checking --locale-directory=DIR use translations under DIR [default=/usr/share/locale] --locales=LOCALES install only LOCALES [default=all] --modules=MODULES pre-load specified modules MODULES --themes=THEMES install THEMES [default=starfield] -v, --verbose print verbose messages. --arcs-boot enable ARCS (big-endian mips machines, mostly SGI) boot. Disables HFS+, APM, sparc64 and boot as disk image for i386-pc --core-compress=xz|none|auto choose the compression to use for core image --label-bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for label background --label-color=COLOR use COLOR for label --label-font=FILE use FILE as font for label -o, --output=FILE save output in FILE [required] --product-name=STRING use STRING as product name --product-version=STRING use STRING as product version --rom-directory=DIR save ROM images in DIR [optional] --sparc-boot enable sparc boot. Disables HFS+, APM, ARCS and boot as disk image for i386-pc --xorriso=FILE use FILE as xorriso [optional] -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Generates a bootable CD/USB/floppy image. Arguments other than options to this program are passed to xorriso, and indicate source files, source directories, or any of the mkisofs options listed by the output of `xorriso -as mkisofs -help'. Option -- switches to native xorriso command mode. Mail xorriso support requests to <bug-xorriso@gnu.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkimage(1) The full documentation for grub-mkrescue is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mkrescue programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mkrescue should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mkrescue (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)