Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filename output in curl
Top Forums Web Development Filename output in curl Post 303032819 by locoroco on Sunday 24th of March 2019 05:31:17 PM
Old 03-24-2019
Filename output in curl

How can I get the name of the default output filename from curl using the argument -O?

Using -o one can choose a filename. I want to get the name of the original file, but don't understand how to get it.

Code:
curl -o filename http://www.website.com

curl -O http://www.website.com

The only way I know is an insufficient one using the last changed file with the command ls -lat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

let curl output to stdout AND save to a file

hello hackers. i have a curl process running as cgi directly pushing stdout to the client. but i want to additionally save that stream to a file at the same time. any directions madly welcome. thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to output curl result as html

hi, new to scripting and would like to know how can I have a script which will curl a few URLs and have the results such as the URLs being curled, dns lookup time, connection time, total time, etc save in a html format in a form of table with column and rows. thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidusr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat and output filename

Hi, how I can display a file with cat and printing the filename before each line. e.g. file1 { one two three four five } Output: file1:one file2:two file1:three file1:four file1:five (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmää
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting cURL to output verbose to a file

This is about to drive me crazy. What I want to do is simple: output ALL the verbose information from curl to a file I have read the manual, tried several options and searched this forum but no salvation... I'm using curl -k -Q "command" --user user:passwd --ftp-pasv --ftp-ssl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramandi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

web service call: curl output to xsltproc input

I need to invoke a web service and extract what I need from the response using a combination of curl and xsltproc. However, any file-based parameters that must be supplied to both these programs must be from stdin and not actual files. At least with curl, it seems to think that I am supplying a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: webuser
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ery weird wget/curl output - what should I do?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to download RedHat's errata digest. It comes in a txt.gz format, and i can get it easily with firefox. HOWEVER: output is VERY strange when donwloading it in a script. It seems I'm getting a file of the same size - but partially text and partly binary! It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstilby
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encapsulating output of CURL and/or WGET

i use curl and wget quite often. i set up alarms on their output. for instance, i would run a "wget" on a url and then search for certain strings within the output given by the "wget". the problem is, i cant get the entire output or response of my wget/curl command to show up correctly in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Splitter output filename

Issue: I am able to split source file in multiple files of 10 rows each but unable to get the required outputfile name. please advise. Details: input = A.txt having 44 rows required output = A_001.txt , A_002.txt and so on. Can below awk be modified to give required result current... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2k2
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output in curl

Hello guys, I'm writing a little script which sends me sms with my shell script via api of a sms provider. problem is I can't filter my curl output for this site: site url:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting urls from curl output

Hello. I use curl to fetch a website, then, I want to extract the URLs from this curls output. I tried both sed and grep, but couldnt figure it out. Ive tried : sed -n 's/href="\(*\).*/\1/p' results.txt and grep -o grep -o '<a href="http://*.*.*/*">' results.txt. What pattern... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jozo95
6 Replies
CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					       CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FILETIME - get the modification time of the remote resource SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FILETIME, long gettime); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. If it is 1, libcurl will attempt to get the modification time of the remote document in this operation. This requires that the remote server sends the time or replies to a time querying command. The curl_easy_getinfo(3) function with the CURLINFO_FILETIME(3) argu- ment can be used after a transfer to extract the received time (if any). DEFAULT
0 PROTOCOLS
HTTP, FTP, SFTP, FILE EXAMPLE
curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, url); /* Ask for filetime */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FILETIME, 1L); res = curl_easy_perform(curl); if(CURLE_OK == res) { res = curl_easy_getinfo(curl, CURLINFO_FILETIME, &filetime); if((CURLE_OK == res) && (filetime >= 0)) { time_t file_time = (time_t)filetime; printf("filetime %s: %s", filename, ctime(&file_time)); } } /* always cleanup */ curl_easy_cleanup(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always, for SFTP since 7.49.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
curl_easy_getinfo(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 03, 2017 CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)