Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to copy subfolder and files to matching directory Post 303032337 by MadeInGermany on Friday 15th of March 2019 10:14:31 AM
Old 03-15-2019
Quote:
run is always *
No it's not - dir cycles thru the matches!
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help]RegEx, Putty, Copy Files Insensitive Matching, SSH

Alright, basically we're in the whole where we can't tar/gzip a folder since its to big so how do I copy files to a new folder for example I got files from a-Z, i want to copy all files which starts with a A or a into another folder heres file structure ./backups/A ./backups/B... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lamonte
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files matching the request and change the extension at the same time

Hi everyone When I'm starting my script I'm giving to it two parameters: script.sh ext1 ext2 I need to copy all files in a directory fitting ext1, to the same folder, with the same names, but with the changed extension to ext2. Till now I've just managed to do it for only 1 file, but I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vacuity93
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory

Our Apache log files are written to a location on the server that we as clients have no access. Don't ask. Every month, I have to e-mail the administrator to have him manually copy our Apache log files to a directory in our file space. You can probably guess how efficient it is to do things this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregraven
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Copy subfolder to another directory preserving parent name

Hi, I have the following folder structure: Folder6100/Data Folder6100/Data Folder6120/Data Folder6120/Data Folder6140/Data Folder6140/Data Folder6160/Data Folder6160/Data Folder6180/Data Folder6180/Data Folder6200/Data Folder6220/Data Folder6240/Data Folder6260/Data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files matching multiple conditions

Hello How do i copy files matching multiple conditions. Requirement is to search files starting with name abc* and def* and created on a particular date or date range given by the user and copy it to the destination folder. i tried with different commands. below one will give the list ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)