Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: issue AIX MPIO path closed
Operating Systems AIX issue AIX MPIO path closed Post 303032267 by filosophizer on Thursday 14th of March 2019 11:02:11 AM
Old 03-14-2019
HDISK1 and HDISK8 are empty disks. Create a volume group on it and check it out. :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.3 MPIO vs RDAC on DS4000 range

Hi I would like to ask what the benefits are of changing from RDAC to MPIO when connecting to a DS4000 on AIX 5.3? I have heard that IBM MPIO "might" support more than 1 active path to a LUN when connecting to a DS4800 through more than 1 host connection on the same AIX client. I understand that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
8 Replies

3. AIX

AIX native MPIO

Hi folks, does anybody have a link to a documentation how to implement native MPIO on AIX? We are using EMC PowerPath and Datacore SanSymphony/Cambex for this so far and I wasn't able to find a good description on that topic. All I know so far is that mkpath, chpath and lspath are used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

PATH issue on linux

If PATH is set to ../bin:../sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin (chunk of path string). Sometime when I try to execute ls command it says ../bin/ls not found. According to my understanding "ls" should be searched in all the path varibales that we set in the PATH varaibale. Is there any reason for the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with PATH

hello On Debian Lenny, I first ran apt-get install git-core and then removed it to install from source. The trouble is that when I typed git --version, I am get: -bash: /usr/bin/git: No such file or directory of course, git is now in /usr/local/bin I don't understand why since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

6. AIX

Uninstall native MPIO driver on AIX

Hi, I was trying to uninstall the native MPIO driver on the AIX 6.1 machine we have in our lab and ran into a whole bunch dependent filesets initially. I deleted the disks, fcsX, fscsiX, fcnetX and tried again, but ran into the same error. Subsequently, I figured out that the OS disks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronykris
4 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrading from native MPIO to SDDPCM AIX 6.1

We have AIX 6.1 system attached to SAN disks (DS4700 and DS8100) thru SVC. Initially when the system was I forgot to install sddpcm drivers. and wanted to know how can i go with the installation of the sddpcm drivers. My understandin going thru the manual ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLease HELP!!! PATH variable issue

Hello, I logged in to the unix solaris with my user name and then I again logged in with the sudo bash -l command now when I do echo $PATH It shows me => /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin How do i find out where is this file located for setting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP Issue - Connection closed

Hi All, I have followed the steps to set up the public and private keys for SFTP setup. Somehow the SFTP is not working and I get following errors: ==> sftp -v remote_user@remote_host_name_changed OpenSSH_5.4p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8m 25 Feb 2010 debug1: Reading configuration data... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
12 Replies

10. AIX

Failed mpio path on AIX5.3

I have found failed mpio path on AIX and enabled that failed path as below failed path on AIX bash-3.2# lspath -l hdisk10 Enabled hdisk10 fscsi0 Enabled hdisk10 fscsi0 Failed hdisk10 fscsi3 Enabled hdisk10 fscsi3 Enabled failed path as below chpath -l hdisk10 -p fscsi3 -s enable... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
13 Replies
lvmpvg(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 lvmpvg(4)

NAME
lvmpvg - LVM physical volume group information file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is an ASCII file that stores the volume-group information for all of the physical volume groups in the system. The information is stored in a hierarchical format. First, it starts with a volume group under which multiple physical volume groups can exist. Under each physical volume group, a list of physical volumes can be specified. There must be at least one physical volume group in each volume group that appears in this file. The physical-volume-group name must be unique within the corresponding volume group, although it is permissible to use a common physical volume group name across different volume groups. There can be as many volume groups in this file as there are in the system. Instead of using the and commands, the administrator can edit this file to create and extend physical volume groups. However, care must be taken to ensure that all physical volumes to be included in the file have already been defined in their respective volume groups by previ- ous use of or The file format has the following structure. and are keywords that introduce the names of the volume group and physical volume group, respectively. pv_path ... pv_path ... pv_path ... The variables are defined as follows: pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume within the volume group. pvg_name The name of the physical volume group. It must be unique within the volume group. vg_name The path name of the volume group. EXAMPLES
The following example shows an file containing two volume groups: the first containing two physical volume groups, each with two physical volumes defined in it; the second containing three physical volume groups, each with one physical volume defined in it. SEE ALSO
vgcreate(1M), vgextend(1M), vgreduce(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvmpvg(4)