Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Trying to debug truss command of PID in Solaris 10. Post 303032213 by chadpierce62 on Wednesday 13th of March 2019 07:06:53 PM
Old 03-13-2019
Unfortunately I inherited an old version of Gentran EDI software that runs it's application on an NFS share. It was on an IBM v7000 and we migrated to a regular Ubuntu Linux server running NFS server and I've migrated several successful shares with no issues. However on this particular share with the application it will not start that application as version 3 NFS on Solaris client. If I go to version 4 it will start the application but in degraded mode and having all kinds of ACL issues.

Process is started manually but within the NFS share just running an application command that's compiled for Solaris. You start it running a shell program and it calls this executable. I traced it down to the archive portion I started this thread with. I can write to that folder and everything but I keep getting this error in the truss output.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill a debug command

once I run the debug command for a program, I can't get back to the prompt afterwards. I'm sure there is some escape sequence that will get me back there, but I don't know what it is. Anyone know?--thanks--AJ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truss and the FTP command

I have been trying to perform the following command without success truss -feo truss.out ftp -nvd < ftpcmds.txt The error I am getting is "truss: cannot trace set_id or unreadable object file /usr/bin/ftp" I have tested the file that contains the ftp commands and it works fine with ftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's the debug command for perl scripts

Hi, Can you please let me know if there's any debug command for perl scripts like set -x for shell scripts (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
2 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Pid from a command output

pariosd -status NodeName ID ROLE STATE PROTECTION --------------------------------------------------------------------------- tn320_scm10 10 ACTIVE UP No Protection tn320_scm11 11 UNKNOWN UNKNOWN LocalApps ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariprasad123
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Is there a way to debug the startup on Solaris?

Is there a way to debug the startup on a VT100 running Solaris 5? I have a problem related to file attributes that are resetting to there prior settings when the machine reboots. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to understand the output of TRUSS command

Hi, I am trying to set ulimit for soft stack unlimited, but this is not taking effect, after tracing the ulimit -a unlimited command, the below output was generated, which i am unable to comprehend. Could any one help me with this? prcbap1-r10prod: truss -d ulimit -s unlimited Tue Dec 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NasirAbbasi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parent PID only in Solaris?

Hi, I am using this command fuser_result=`fuser -f /web/$1/admin-*/logs/access` to get the parent pid of the process. However, The output differs and at times it shows two pids instead of one thus failing the logic of my script. See output below: bash-3.2$ fuser -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
nfs_selinux(8)						 NFS SELinux Policy documentation					    nfs_selinux(8)

NAME
nfs_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for NFS DESCRIPTION
Security Enhanced Linux secures the NFS server via flexible mandatory access control. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on the least level of access required. SELinux can be configured to not allow NFS to share files. If you want to share NFS partitions, and only allow read-only access to those NFS partitions, turn the nfs_export_all_ro boolean on: setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro 1 If you want to share files read/write you must set the nfs_export_all_rw boolean. setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1 These booleans are not required when files to be shared are labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types. NFS can share files labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types even if the nfs_export_all_ro and nfs_export_all_rw booleans are off. If you want to use a remote NFS server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean: setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), chcon(1), setsebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 9 Feb 2009 nfs_selinux(8)