Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30 Post 303032132 by jgt on Tuesday 12th of March 2019 10:22:20 AM
Old 03-12-2019
The good news is that you can replace the IDE disk with a SATA disk or SSD. The bad news; neither is likely to fit in the T30 case.
It has occurred to me that your notebook is not the original hardware for the following reasons:
SCO 5.0.5 was superseded by 5.0.6 prior to 1999, and 5.0.5 does not reliably run on pentium 4 systems. https://www.unix.com/303018403-post5.html
You can switch to a SATA drive, as long as the motherboard bios supports the drive in legacy mode (emulating an iDE controller.)
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL, I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jardas
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.5 installation on 80GB HDD

Hello, I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB ASROCK mainboard: I am trying to install sco 5.0.5 on an 80gb hdd IDE . I have tried the following techniques: 1. using the updated wd btld image- no success 2. defbootstr biosgeom 3. use interactive divvy, make adjustments using dkinit/dparam during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pude
0 Replies

4. SCO

Sco 5.06 How To Mount A 2nd Hdd Help Help!!!!

Hi guys, I have this problem , One of our client's hdd went down and we cannot boot up the machine , I've installed a new hdd with a fresh copy of SCO 5.0.6 same as the one in the old HDD, i think the data still good in the old HDD. My question!!! How can i access the data from the fresh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help

Hi guys, I am total newbie to Linux / Ubuntu but trying it to solve the problem I have. I have an OKI printer with bad HDD and trying to clone one from the same HDD from working printer. Board it goes on has a Fiery chipset and system used is Linux based / related - to the best of my knowlege. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unlimitedbt
12 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to clone a 382-workstations hdd?

Hi there, I got a pretty old HP 382 workstation, and the hdd is pretty LOUD ... ;) So I thought I clone it to an much quiter one. I tried this: - removed the loud hdd - connected it to an system running knoppix 7.0.4 (hdd is recognized with UFS filesystem; Clonezilla couldn't handle the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelegrine
9 Replies

7. SCO

Dd (raw) image of SCO 5.0.6 mount as second hdd

Hi all I have read about mounting crashed HDD from a sco system in this forum. However this I received an image on raw format of the crashed system that was using an IDE HDD. Which method should I mount my image? IDE scsi or USB? The image is stores in an external connected through USB . Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
4 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)