Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30 Post 303032132 by jgt on Tuesday 12th of March 2019 10:22:20 AM
Old 03-12-2019
The good news is that you can replace the IDE disk with a SATA disk or SSD. The bad news; neither is likely to fit in the T30 case.
It has occurred to me that your notebook is not the original hardware for the following reasons:
SCO 5.0.5 was superseded by 5.0.6 prior to 1999, and 5.0.5 does not reliably run on pentium 4 systems. https://www.unix.com/303018403-post5.html
You can switch to a SATA drive, as long as the motherboard bios supports the drive in legacy mode (emulating an iDE controller.)
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL, I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jardas
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.5 installation on 80GB HDD

Hello, I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB ASROCK mainboard: I am trying to install sco 5.0.5 on an 80gb hdd IDE . I have tried the following techniques: 1. using the updated wd btld image- no success 2. defbootstr biosgeom 3. use interactive divvy, make adjustments using dkinit/dparam during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pude
0 Replies

4. SCO

Sco 5.06 How To Mount A 2nd Hdd Help Help!!!!

Hi guys, I have this problem , One of our client's hdd went down and we cannot boot up the machine , I've installed a new hdd with a fresh copy of SCO 5.0.6 same as the one in the old HDD, i think the data still good in the old HDD. My question!!! How can i access the data from the fresh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help

Hi guys, I am total newbie to Linux / Ubuntu but trying it to solve the problem I have. I have an OKI printer with bad HDD and trying to clone one from the same HDD from working printer. Board it goes on has a Fiery chipset and system used is Linux based / related - to the best of my knowlege. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unlimitedbt
12 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to clone a 382-workstations hdd?

Hi there, I got a pretty old HP 382 workstation, and the hdd is pretty LOUD ... ;) So I thought I clone it to an much quiter one. I tried this: - removed the loud hdd - connected it to an system running knoppix 7.0.4 (hdd is recognized with UFS filesystem; Clonezilla couldn't handle the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelegrine
9 Replies

7. SCO

Dd (raw) image of SCO 5.0.6 mount as second hdd

Hi all I have read about mounting crashed HDD from a sco system in this forum. However this I received an image on raw format of the crashed system that was using an IDE HDD. Which method should I mount my image? IDE scsi or USB? The image is stores in an external connected through USB . Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
4 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
f1tattoo(1)							   f1tattoo 0.7 						       f1tattoo(1)

NAME
f1tattoo - disc T@2 feature for Yamaha F1 CD-RW devices SYNOPSIS
f1tattoo [-l] [-h] f1tattoo -d DEVICE [-c] [-s] [--tattoo-test] f1tattoo -d DEVICE --tattoo-raw <file.raw> f1tattoo -d DEVICE --tattoo-png <file.png> DESCRIPTION
f1tattoo is the linux console tool to use the Yamaha disc T@2 feature. You won't get satisfying results on Phtalocyanin dye. FEATURES
You can disc T@2 with these drives: Yamaha F1 CD-RW, Yamaha F1DX DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l, --scanbus scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices. -h, --help help. show available options. -c, --current show current drive settings of selected device -s, --supported show supported features of selected device --tattoo-test write DiscT@2 test image --tattoo-raw tattoo.raw write DiscT@2 using raw data from tattoo.raw file --tattoo-png tattoo.png write DiscT@2 using png image from tattoo.png file check if f1tattoo compiled with png support using --help option -v, --verbose give verbose output EXAMPLES
f1tattoo -l list all available CD- and DVD-devices f1tattoo -d /dev/hdc --tattoo-raw filename.raw writes DiscT@2 using filename.raw file on media in device /dev/hdc please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 f1tattoo(1)