Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns Post 303032089 by pedro88 on Monday 11th of March 2019 07:08:33 AM
Old 03-11-2019
Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns

Hello all,
I need to filter a dataframe composed of several columns of data to remove the duplicates according to one of the columns. I did it with pandas. In the main time, I need that the last column that contains all different data ( not redundant) is conserved in the output like this:
Code:
A         B           C             D
a1        b1           c1            d1
a2       b2          c2           d2

output:
Code:
A         B           C             D
ad        bd       cd            d1,d2

where ad bd and cd are the dereplicated output rows and in D we have that for each of the unique rows we have all the data separated by a comma in one single cell for each unique row.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting table cells in a script

I'd like to use sed or awk to do this but I'm weak on both along with RE. Looking for a way with sed or awk to count for the 7th table data within a table row and if the condition is met to delete "<td>and everything in between </td>". Since the table header start on a specific line each time, that... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on the two key columns

Hi All, I needs to fetch unique records based on a keycolumn(ie., first column1) and also I needs to get the records which are having max value on column2 in sorted manner... and duplicates have to store in another output file. Input : Input.txt 1234,0,x 1234,1,y 5678,10,z 9999,10,k... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two files; if cells match then copy over other columns

My current issue is dealing with two space delimited files. The first file has column 1 as the sample ID's, then columns 2 - n as the observations. The second file has column 1 as the sample ID's, column 2 as the mother ID's, column 3 as the father ID's, column 4 as the gender, and column 5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renyulb28
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using grep to remove cells instead of lines

I would like to use grep to remove certain strings from a text file but I can't use the grep -v option because it removes the whole line that includes the string whereas I just want to remove the string. How do I go about doing that? My input file: Magmas CEU rs12542019 CPNE1 RBM12 CEU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicates on multiple Key Columns and get the Latest Record from Date/Time Column

Hi Experts , we have a CDC file where we need to get the latest record of the Key columns Key Columns will be CDC_FLAG and SRC_PMTN_I and fetch the latest record from the CDC_PRCS_TS Can we do it with a single awk command. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykodukula
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates by keeping the order intact

Hello friends, I have a file with duplicate lines. I could eliminate duplicate lines by running sort <file> |uniq >uniq_file and it works fine BUT it changes the order of the entries as it we did "sort". I need to remove duplicates and also need to keep the order/sequence of entries. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge cells in all rows of a HTML table dynamically.

Hello All, I have visited many pages in Unix.com and could find out one solution for merging the HTML cells in the 1st row. (Unable to post the complete URL as I should not as per website rules). But, however I try, I couldn't achieve this merging to happen for all other rows of HTML... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mounika
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort and remove duplicates in directory based on first 5 columns:

I have /tmp dir with filename as: 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212101.marker 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212102.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212104.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212105.marker 010020001_S-ZOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212106.marker... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
4 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD