Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that performs action when receiving an SMS. Post 303031636 by RudiC on Sunday 3rd of March 2019 04:54:56 AM
Old 03-03-2019
I'm afraid I can't give you more than general hints as I don't know the product. I found the "trigger external program" feature mentioned by just glancing at their web page. How about working from the ground up - read the product's man page, web site, look into the samples given, and try setting up a test system, managing / modifying the configuration until satisfied?

Last edited by RudiC; 03-03-2019 at 05:51 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SMS Via Unix Script?

Hi, Is it possible to send sms to a mobile from unix box using Shell Scripting? I really wonder if anyone can help me with some information regarding how to setup the environment if possible. Iam also searching and trying to setup the same. My Environment: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

sending sms through shell script

pl. if any one can help me in this . i wouldlike to know if there is a way to send sms through unix box. i have tried using mailx option. but what type of servers will be required . if any one can give me references... Thankxs in advance Regards, Alpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpareshamwala
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a perl.script upon receiving an email in Sendmail

Hi All I am newbie with Sendmail and Linux in general. We use sendmail for outgoing and incoming mails. Once our server receives a certain email xxx@yyy.com we would like to run a PERL script doing some task wiht it. Can you address me a little bit on that topic? In order to do that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SMS script...

I use the SMS script on this page: http://www.prescriptionpc.com/TEST_newpage1.html#section=sms The “functions” work fine, but after clicking “submit” and receiving the “thank you” message, nothing happens. I find it odd that I can send a text message to myself choosing my carrier (Virgin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruce1969
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with SMS sending Script

I would like assistance on a script that could send a text message to my mobile phone when I run a command and the text should be send only if a condition is met. I want to have a cron-job running every 10 minutes to check the system for overload conditons with a command: more logfile.log | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to performs checks

Hi , I need a script which performs below activity I have one file named "testfile" in 9 different directories with same name. I want to perform below action with each testfile of each directory. if ; then mv listfiles listfiles_`date +%b%y` else echo No Such files fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sms through Shell script

Can anyone please help me to in scripting of sending sms through shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gargidas15
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script performs the right task but fails against check

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script checkFiles.sh that takes an arbitrary number of file paths from the command line and carries ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezraek
5 Replies
SMS::Send::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SMS::Send::Test(3pm)

NAME
SMS::Send::Test - SMS::Send International-Class Testing Driver SYNOPSIS
# Create a testing sender my $send = SMS::Send->new( 'Test' ); # Clear the message trap $send->clear; # Send a message $send->send_sms( text => 'Hi there', to => '+61(4) 1234 5678', ); # Get the message from the trap my @messages = $send->messages; DESCRIPTION
SMS::Send supports two classes of drivers. An international class named in the format "SMS::Send::Foo", which only accept international numbers in "+1 XXX XXXXX" format, and regional-context drivers in the format "SMS::Send::XX::Foo" which will also accept a non-leading-plus number in the format applicable within that region (in the above case, Australia). SMS::Send::Test is the testing driver for the international class of drivers. Except for the name, it is otherwise identical to SMS::Send::AU::Test. Its two roles are firstly to always exist (be installed) and secondly to act as a "trap" for messages. Messages sent via SMS::Send::Test always succeed, and the messages can be recovered for testing after sending. Note that the trap is done on a per-driver-handle basis, and is not shared between multiple driver handles. METHODS
SMS::Send::Test inherits all the methods of the parent SMS::Send::Driver class, and adds the following. messages The "messages" method retrieves as a list all of the messages in the message trap. clear The "clear" method clears the message trap. This should be done before each chunk of test code to ensure you are starting from a known state. Returns true as a convenience. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 SMS::Send::Test(3pm)