Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Length
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Length Post 303031517 by tricampeon81 on Friday 1st of March 2019 01:02:47 PM
Old 03-01-2019
Length

friends how can i know the length of a record of a file with a shell

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please DO NOT do double posting of same contents. Update your questions only for adding/editing details not for adding same king of information again.

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 03-01-2019 at 02:25 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed working on lines of small length and not large length

Hi , I have a peculiar case, where my sed command is working on a file which contains lines of small length. sed "s/XYZ:1/XYZ:3/g" abc.txt > xyz.txt when abc.txt contains lines of small length(currently around 80 chars) , this sed command is working fine. when abc.txt contains lines of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a Unix filepath max length

Hi Guys, Could anyone shed some light on the length of a Unix filepath max length pls ? thanks ! Wilson (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a variable length text to a fixed length

Hi, Can anyone help with a effective solution ? I need to change a variable length text field (between 1 - 18 characters) to a fixed length text of 18 characters with the unused portion, at the end, filled with spaces. The text field is actually field 10 of a .csv file however I could cut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Length Reports as Having Length when it is Empty?

Hello All, I have this script that does stuff like "starting, stopping & restarting" a Daemon Process running on my machine... My main question is why in part of my code (which you will see below) does the Array Length (i.e. ${#PIDS} ) return "1" when I know the Array is empty..? Here is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies
PX_GET_DATA_GRAPHIC(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    PX_GET_DATA_GRAPHIC(3)

NAME
PX_get_data_graphic -- Get graphic data field SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_get_data_graphic(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, char *data, int len, int *mod, int *blobsize, char **value) DESCRIPTION
Reads a graphic data field. This function may be used only for blobs of type pxfGraphic. data points to the start of the data field in the record. It must be calculated by summing up all field length before the field to operate on and add it to the base pointer of the record. You should use this function instead of accessing the data directly. PX_get_data_graphic returns blob data stored in the record itself, or in an MB files which must have been set with PX_set_blob_file(3). The function allocates memory for the data returned in *value. This memory has to be freed by the application. The amount of memory for the blob is returned in *blobsize. *mod returns the so called modification number of the blob which can often be used as an unique id for creating file names, if the data is saved in a file. Note: This function is deprecated and obsolete if PX_retrieve_record(3) is used. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 if the value is NULL, -1 in case of an error and 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
PX_get_data_blob(3), PX_get_data_bcd(3), PX_get_data_byte(3), PX_get_data_long(3), PX_get_data_short(3), PX_get_data_double(3), PX_get_data_byte(3), PX_get_data_bytes(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_GET_DATA_GRAPHIC(3)