Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Delete all files that match date '+%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M' Post 303031301 by drew77 on Monday 25th of February 2019 04:28:21 PM
Old 02-25-2019
Delete all files that match date '+%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M'

I need to modify this so it delete all date files and not leave the 2 newest.

Code:
TARGET_DIR='/media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/'
REGEX='[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}_[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}'   # regular expression that match to: date '+%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M'
LATEST_FILE="$(ls "$TARGET_DIR" | egrep "^${REGEX}$" | tail -1)"
find "$TARGET_DIR" ! -name "$LATEST_FILE" -type f -regextype egrep -regex ".*/${REGEX}$" -exec rm -f {} +
rsync --progress -r -u /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/* /home/andy/Ubuntu_18.04_Programs/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete files by date

My apache logs are saved in the following format (using rotatelogs): Oct 8 01:59 access_log.1002412800 Oct 9 01:55 access_log.1002499200 Oct 10 01:58 access_log.1002585600 Oct 11 01:56 access_log.1002672000 Oct 12 01:59 access_log.1002758400 I would like to run a cronjob once a week to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files by date

Hi, Can anyone help me delete old files in a directory? Let's say, I want to delete all files which are 365 days old. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Delete files according to date

Hi All, I am wondering whether is there a way to remove files according to date. For example, I have 500 files between Jan - April, and I want to remove files created only on March. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advanced. rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files for a particular date and delete

How can I delete files for a particular date ? I apologize in advance If there is solution please put the link. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files by date

Hello, Due to an error while processing data I have to delete all files created the 4 october on a RED HAT 3 Server. I am wondering if one of you is aware of a command that could only delete all files that were created the Oct 4 This will be very, very, very helpful Thanks for your... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files of a particular date

dear all, i m a newbie and i want to delete all files of a particular date,how can i do this? your help appreciated,thanks in advance. OS:RHEL 6 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdabdul
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete all the files older than a date?

Hi, I need a command for deleting all the compress files *.Z that are older than the current date - 5 days. Basically I have a directory where daily I meet some back up files and I want to remove automatically the ones 5 days (or more) older than the current date. How can I write a 'rm' command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Francy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Files from a date

I'm quite new to Unix but I want to delete some old backup files stored in a directory. the backups are stored on a network storage device located at /mnt/terastation12/backup. I want to delete everything upto one month ago. would the following command in Unix Sun do that? find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count the number of files to delete doesnt match

Good evening, need your help please Need to delete certain files before octobre 1 2016, so need to know how many files im going to delete, for instance ls -lrt file_20160*.lis!wc -l but using grep -c to another file called bplist which contains the list of all files backed up doesn match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
7 Replies
GREPDIFF(1)															       GREPDIFF(1)

NAME
grepdiff - show files modified by a diff containing a regex SYNOPSIS
grepdiff [-n] [-p n] [--strip=n] [--addprefix=PREFIX] [-s] [-i PATTERN] [-x PATTERN] {REGEX} [file...] grepdiff {--help | --version | --list | --filter ...} DESCRIPTION
For each file modified by a patch, if the patch hunk contains the REGEX then the file's name is printed. The regular expression is treated as POSIX Basic Regular Expression syntax. For example, to see the patches in my.patch which contain the regular expression ``pf_gfp_mask'', use: grepdiff pf_gfp_mask my.patch | xargs -rn1 filterdiff my.patch -i You can use both unified and context format diffs with this program. OPTIONS
-n Display the line number that each patch begins at. -p n When matching, ignore the first n components of the pathname. --strip=n Remove the first n components of the pathname before displaying it. --addprefix=PREFIX Prefix the pathname with PREFIX before displaying it. -s Show file additions, modifications and removals. A file addition is indicated by a ``+'', a removal by a ``-'', and a modification by a ``!''. -i PATTERN Include only files matching PATTERN. -x PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of grepdiff. --filter Behave like filterdiff(1) instead. --list Behave like lsdiff(1) instead. SEE ALSO
filterdiff(1), lsdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>. patchutils 10 May 2002 GREPDIFF(1)