Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Rsync - not copy certain files Post 303031296 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of February 2019 03:07:28 PM
Old 02-25-2019
The part which does the exclusion is --exclude 'dir1/dir2/file3.txt' so you could try --exclude 'path/to/2019-02-25_11:04'
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Using RSYNC to copy files locally

Has anyone ever used rsync to copy files locally on one server? (in this case from one SAN volume to another). I am familiar with using rsync to copy files between servers, but not locally, I would usually use cp or or tar or something. Is rsync slower? Does it use additional overhead of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync copy files once

Hi This is my situation I have files on the left which I want to copy to the right. Once the files are copied to the right, they are processed and then deleted. The next time rsync runs I dont want it to copy the same files again, it should only copy any new files to the right. I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using remote rsync, but copy locally?

I'm looking to use rsync to compare remote files and to copy the diff to a local directory, rather than transfer over the net. The net connection is not fast enough to transfer these files (~1.8TB) and I'd like to sneakernet them instead. Possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync copy files if dont exist

I have a setup where I have two drives. TV TVbackup For what ever reason, I have a lot of content on my TVbackup drive which isn't on my TV drive. I want to copy all the files across which are on TVbackup but are not currently on TV. If there is a file with the same name but a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

5. SCO

Rsync sometimes fails to copy

Hello I tried rsync (version 3.0.7) on OpenServer 5.0.7. Compile the version of samba.org and use of aljex.com. Both versions do not work reliably, sometimes show errors and stop copying (sometimes works) The OSR5.0.7 I'm using VirtualBox, I do not think the problem is in virtualization, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory

RootFolderI: RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG1.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub1/JPG2.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub2/JPG3.jpg . . . RootFolderI/FolderB/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG4.jpg -> want this jpg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blocnt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rsync added new folders after copy?

Hi guys, Don't really know much about unix or anything, just starting to mess around a little bit to have more understanding in general. So, I tried using rsync to copy my macbook pro backup/clone from an external drive I have to another external drive. I ended up using... "sudo rsync -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbjeebs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
KANIF.CONF(5)					      kanif.conf configuration file for kanif					     KANIF.CONF(5)

NAME
kanif.conf - configuration file for kanif SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.kanif.conf, /etc/kanif.conf or /etc/c3.conf DESCRIPTION
kanif.conf is the configuration file for kanif. It is optional and only helps the management of static clusters (configurations that do not change much over time). It mimics the syntax of C3 configuration file. It is composed of a sequence of one or more cluster definitions. Each cluster definition is made of the word "cluster" followed by the cluster name and, enclosed in a pair of curly braces : o the front node specification. This is either: o a simple hostname which can be reached from the inside of the cluster (compute nodes). o two names separated by a colon. The first name is the name used from the outside to log on the front node (not used by kanif). The second is the name used from the cluster compute nodes to reach the front node. o an hostname with a colon prepended. This is used for indirect clusters. These are not supported by kanif at this time. o zero or more compute nodes specifications: o a simple hostname (anything that is not of the following form) o an host set made of a prefix, a range and a suffix. o an exclude directive that must follow an host set or another exclude directive. This is made of the word "exclude" followed on the same line by either a single number or an interval between brackets. This applies to the range of the preceding host set. If the exclusion is an interval, the separator between the word "exclude" and this exclusion is optional. o a dead node. The word "dead" followed by the name of the dead node on the same line. Notice that all nodes excluded (using exclude directives or dead nodes) will not take part of the deployment, but are still taken into account in cluster ranges when giving machines specifications to kanif (they are kind of placeholders). This is the interest of specifying nodes as dead or excluded rather than dropping them from the definitions. EXAMPLE
cluster megacluster { # The # character introduce comments megacluster-dev megacluster0[1-9] megacluster[10-64] } cluster supercluster { super-ext:super-int exclude # The host "exclude" super[01-99] exclude 02 # "super02" is excluded exclude[90-95] # "super90" to "super95" are excluded dead # The host "dead" dead othernode # "othernode" is dead } SEE ALSO
kanif(1), taktuk(1) AUTHOR
The author of kanif and current maintainer of the package is Guillaume Huard. Acknowledgements to Lucas Nussbaum for the idea of the name "kanif". COPYRIGHT
kanif is provided under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 KANIF.CONF(5)