Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mtime or the equivalent for HP-UX Post 303031146 by drl on Friday 22nd of February 2019 06:58:57 AM
Old 02-22-2019
Hi.

On a system like:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: HP-UX, B.11.11, 9000/785
Distribution        : GenericSysName [HP Release B.11.11] (see /etc/issue)

The command which mtime
produces:
Code:
no mtime in /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /etc /usr/sbin /usr/bin/X11 /sbin /home/d/drl/bin /home/d/drl/executable

and, on a system like aix 7.1.0.0
command which mtime produces:
Code:
which: 0652-141 There is no mtime in /bin /usr/bin /usr/ucb /etc ..

cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 02-22-2019 at 08:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mtime vs ctime

:D i have a slight problem and would appreciate if someone could clarify the confusion.. i use find alot and so far i have done ok.. but it just struck me a couple of days ago that I am not quite sure what the difference between the modification time and the change time as in ctime and mtime and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -mtime

...what am i doing wrong?? I need to find all files older than 30 days and delete but I can't get it to pull details for ANY + times. The file below has a time stamp which is older than 1 day, however if I try and select it using any of the -time flags it just doesn't see it. (the same thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mtime help!!!!!

thank you for the help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mtime

hi, :) consider the following statement find . -type f -mtime -1 -print here what is the use of -1 option. any help? cheers RRK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-mtime +30

Hello, Can someone help me to understand the following: find /test/rman/ -mtime +30 -exec rm '{}' \; What does -mtime +30 mean? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blue68
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mtime

Hi, I've some files of some past days and everyday some new files are also getting added to the same. Now how can i use mtime to get the files of the current date i.e if i want the files of 25th feb 2009 and if im finding the files on 25th 12:10 am then i should only get the files after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

-mtime command

Hello, what this command do. find /oracle/u01/app/oracle/admin/rdz/udump/ -name "*.trc" -mtime +1 Thanks, Umair (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umair
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mtime issue

Dear all, i am trying to find all files created one day before, for example 26 October, and i am using this command: find . -type f -daystart -mtime 1 This command in fact lists all files created on 26 October, but the files between midnight 00:00 26 Oct and 01:00 26 Oct, does not shown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
4 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)