Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want to add a variable for the results from the formula of one variable and results of another var Post 303031002 by RudiC on Wednesday 20th of February 2019 10:37:37 AM
Old 02-20-2019
If you want to reuse only $y, not $x, then you could also use

Code:
y="OD_Orders_$(date -d yesterday +%Y-%m-%d).csv"

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

store awk results in a variable

I try to get the month (of last save) and the filename into a variable, is this possible ? something like this : for month in `ls -la | awk '{print $6}'` do if ] then a=filename of the matching file cp $a /Sep fi thanks, Steffen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep results to store in a shell variable

I have the results of a grep with -n store in a shell variable ie VAR=`grep -n -e 'PATTERN' file` How ever I am missing the line breaks in the variable , How do I store the resualts of grep with many lines in to a variables. I want the varable should be the sawmway as we do the grep grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting the Results of a Command to a Variable

Hi, Hi, I run the command: hostname to get the host back from the server: db201 Now, I need to take that result and set it to a variable. Can anyone help me with this?? I need to be able to use the same script on multiple servers so I do not want to hardcode the hostname result into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stky13
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting grep -c results number in a variable

I want to display "no results found" if a grep search of a name that the user inputs is not found anywhere in a certain file, Right now I have this, but doesn't seem to work. Im not sure what to change. read name results=grep -c $name file if ; then echo "No results found." exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdude
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to - redirect query results to a variable

How can I send the results of a query to a unix variable. I basically want to run a query then do some logic on the results. Trying to redirect the result into a variable I define in the script. select count(*) as counter from table - nut to redirect the "count" returned from the query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstone
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable getting results from a log file; compare it in an IF cycle

Hi All I am going crazy trying to resolve this easy task.... I have a log file that is created by xcode; and it contains the results of a build (either success or fail); what i am trying to achieve here is to get the result from the log, and check if is a pass or fail in an IF statement, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiez
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding grep'd results in a variable

Here is one I am baffled with; I have not used unix for a while and now that I am back it has been fun remembering and I have enjoyed it, for the most past. this is in ksh. I need to search in a file for the line with X1 and cut columns 20-25, put them into a variable, added them (dollar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CougarMutt
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Place the results of a CUT command into a variable

I am being passed a file in UNIX, ie: variable.txt I need to extract the first part of the file content, up to the period, content ie: common_dir.second_output cut -d'.' -f1 /content/stores/variable.txt I then need to utilize the results to create a variable ($1), and test on that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talonbow
4 Replies

9. Programming

Results Of A Variable Into An Array Using C Language

Can C add its results into an array like bash? For example using bash: cat /etc/passwd **truncated for space ** gdm:x:109:118:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/bin/false mysql:x:110:122:MySQL Server,,,:/nonexistent:/bin/false statd:x:111:65534::/var/lib/nfs:/bin/false... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - saving results of external script to variable.

So, I've been playing with speeding up some analysis we do by using multiple threads of awk (actually, mawk, but code-compatible as far as I use it) on multiple CPU cores. So, I have a big data file and I have several copies of exactly the same processor script, written in mawk. I also have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)