Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Optimizing JS and CSS
Top Forums Web Development Optimizing JS and CSS Post 303030915 by Neo on Tuesday 19th of February 2019 06:49:32 AM
Old 02-19-2019
Thanks Akshay,

Honestly, I know how to minimize, combine and deploy Javascript and CSS Smilie

I deploy CSS and JS daily.

What is important is writing code.

No one has complained in the last year (not a single person) that unix.com was "slow to load"... and I live and work 12 time zones away from the server and it loads very fast for me.

So, we all spend time on what is important and if I had nothing better to do, I would minimize more code.

Believe me, I have way too much to do to worry about something that is NOT a problem today and into 2019.

Cheers.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove css comments

Is there a way that I can use sed to remove lines with css comments like this? /* comment */ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravesit
9 Replies

2. Web Development

On Css

<html> <head> <style> div.box {width: 300px; height: 200px; padding: 30px; font: 46 pt times new roman;} </style> </head> <body> <div class="box" style=" filter": progid:DXImagetransform.Microsoft.Alpha (Opacity=100, FinishOpacity=0, Style=1, StartX=0, FinishX=0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
0 Replies

3. Web Development

HTML down, CSS help, ahhhh

I am having some problems. I have been able to learn HTML, but when I try and encode CSS, nothing happens, what is the major issue here. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>MY CSS</title> <style... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
7 Replies

4. Web Development

CSS frameworks

I have been reading up on CSS frameworks, to see if it could be useful for an intranet that I am helping to build, but the true purpose does not become clear to me. What circumstances would the deployment of a CSS framework be useful in? What does a CSS framework do that a CMS template cannot do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::CompressedCSSandJS(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Jifty::Plugin::CompressedCSSandJS(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::CompressedCSSandJS - Compression of CSS and javascript files SYNOPSIS
# In your jifty config.yml under the framework section: Plugins: - CompressedCSSandJS: js: 1 css: 1 jsmin: /path/to/jsmin cdn: 'http://yourcdn.for.static.prefix/' skipped_js: - complex.js generate_early: 1 DESCRIPTION
This plugin provides auto-compilation and on-wire compression of your application's CSS and Javascript. It is enabled by default, unless your "ConfigFileVersion" is greater or equal than 2. It also supports js minifier, you will need to specify the full path. The jsmin can be obtained from <http://www.crockford.com/javascript/jsmin.html>. Note that you will need to use "ConfigFileVersion" 2 to be able to configure jsmin feature. skipped_js is a list of js that you don't want to compress for some reason. generate_early tells the plugin to compress the CSS and JS at process start rather than on the first request. This can save time, especially if your JS minifier is slow, for the poor sucker who makes the first request. Enabled by default. init Initializes the compression object. Takes a paramhash containing keys 'css' and 'js' which can be used to disable compression on files of that type. js_enabled Returns whether JS compression is enabled (which it is by default) css_enabled Returns whether CSS compression is enabled (which it is by default) generate_css Checks if the compressed CSS is generated, and if it isn't, generates and caches it. (In devel mode, it always regenerates it) generate_javascript Checks if the compressed JS is generated, and if it isn't, generates and caches it. _generate_javascript_nocache Generates compressed javascript, ignoring the cache completely. minify_js $js Runs the given JS through jsmin wrap psgi app wrapper to serve url controlled by us perl v5.14.2 2010-09-25 Jifty::Plugin::CompressedCSSandJS(3pm)