Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Downloading or purchasing HP-UX for HP Integrity rx4640 Post 303030828 by gbudny on Saturday 16th of February 2019 03:55:34 PM
Old 02-16-2019
Thanks for the answer.

I found the information that I need HPE HP -UX 11i v3, BOE, but I how no idea how the licensing works.
I was thinking about buying HPE HP -UX 11i v3, BOE, E-LTU from lambda-tek, but they have so many versions of HP-UX

£212.86 - It isn't a too expensive product for me, and I can buy it in the next few months.
However, they have more pricy versions of HPE HP -UX 11i v3, BOE on their website, and that could be more problematic.

I have to admit that I don't want to violate the license because there are some requirements.
Additionally, I saw some great applications that I can download only from the HP website, so I want to avoid any licensing issues.

I read that It depends on the number of cores in my computer, and then I have to choose what kind of version HP-UX can I install on this server.

Can you explain what kind of version of HP-UX BOE do I need for this computer?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

purchasing a unix account

i just want to know if there is any place that i can purchase a unix account to use for life. i don't like the hassle of changing my email address every time i enter a new university/workplace, and i'd like some place to store files that i can access around the world. thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1515
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Purchasing Solaris Software

I am traditionally from the world of HP-UX, but have inherited seven Sun servers - a mixture of V120 and V240 servers. They have not been on software support with Sun/Oracle and I now need to purchase the latest versions of Solaris to put on them rather than put them back on support. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusfra
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

FAULTY DISK replacement HP rx4640

Hello, I'm new to this forum and as you will see from my question I'm new to UNIX as well. One of our costumers has HP rx4640 running on UNIX with two 300GB hot-swappable disks that are mirrored. They reported to us that one of the disks is faulty and they want us to take care of it. Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
16 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu. FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)