Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Appending content of a file to another file before a specific character Post 303030711 by vgersh99 on Thursday 14th of February 2019 12:32:43 PM
Old 02-14-2019
Code:
awk -F= 'FNR==NR{f1[FNR]=$0;next} {print $1 "_" f1[FNR], $2}' file1 OFS="=" file2

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from a file and appending it to another file

Hi, I need to write a shell script (ksh) to read contents starting at a specific location from one file and append the contents at specific location in another file. Please find below the contents of the source file that I need to read the contents from, File 1 -----# more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove the newline character while appending into a file

Hi All, We append the output of a file's size in a file. But a newline character is appended after the variable. Pls help how to clear this. filesize=`ls -l test.txt | awk `{print $5}'` echo File size of test.txt is $filesize bytes >> logfile.txt The output we got is, File size of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending content in a xml file

Please help me on this..... i have a file which has following content: <IPCoreProducerConfig> <Producer> <config> <key>machineId</key> <value>machine1</value> </config> <config> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the text file and print the content character by character..

hello all i request you to give the solution for the following problem.. I want read the text file.and print the contents character by character..like if the text file contains google means..i want to print g go goo goog googl google like this Using unix Shell scripting... without using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samupnl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending file content

how to append the contents of filel to the contents of file2?. i.e. file1: 1 2 3 file2: 4 5 6 then the file2 shoud be 4 5 6 1 2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashwat2691
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Appending to specific line in file

I'm working on a personal project, a multiplication quiz script for my kids. In it, the user's performance will be recorded and written to a file. After they've played it a little while, it will start to focus more on the ones that give them the most trouble-- that take a long time to answer or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending newline character End of File

Hi Gurus, Need help. I'm a beginner in Unix. I have a requirement, need to add or append newline (\n) character in file. Sample Data: 1|Main|Test|~# 2|Main|Hello|~# 3|Main|Unix|~# 4|Main|File|~#Output: 1|Main|Test|~# 2|Main|Hello|~# 3|Main|Unix|~# 4|Main|File|~#\n -- append only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gouri Solleti
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert content from file 1 to file 2 in specific criteria meet

Hi , I'm looking for some code that can copy and paste form file1 to file2 with 2 criterial meet. file1: test "sp-j1" test "sp-j2" test "sp-j3" test "sp-j4" file2: sub Pre_Shorts1 (Status_Code, Message$) global Status !if Message$ <> "" then print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
3 Replies
gcore(1)							   User Commands							  gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
gcore [-pgF] [-o filename] [-c content] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for the process whose process ID is process-id will be core.process-id. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c content Produces core image files with the specified content. The content description uses the same tokens as in coreadm(1M). The -c option does not apply to cores produced due to the -p or -g flags. -F Force. Grabs the target process even if another process has control. -g Produces core image files in the global core file repository with the global content as configured by coreadm(1M). The com- mand will fail if the user does not have permissions to the global core file repository. -o filename Substitutes filename in place of core as the first part of the name of the core image files. filename can contain the same tokens to be expanded as the paths in coreadm(1M). -p Produces a core image file in the process-specific location with the process-specific content for each process as config- ured by coreadm(1M). The command will fail if the user does not have permissions to the per-process core file repository. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: process-id process ID EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 On success. non-zero On failure, such as non-existent process ID. FILES
core.process-id core images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Command Syntax is Evolving. Output Format(s) are Unstable. SEE ALSO
kill(1), coreadm(1M), setrlimit(2), core(4), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
gcore is unaffected by the setrlimit(2) system call using the RLIMIT_CORE value. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2004 gcore(1)