Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Sneak Preview: New UNIX.COM UserCP VueJS Demo Post 303030699 by Neo on Thursday 14th of February 2019 09:55:42 AM
Old 02-14-2019
OK... I have the Dark / Light mode working in the prototype, thanks to the developer of the Vue.js template I am using to get started; and will upload a new "Sneak Peek" sooner than later and let everyone know.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

License with demo???

I'm trying to setup a test environment to test upgrading to Solaris 8 or 9. Though when I go to install the demo version of Sun1 (forte/sun workshop as named before) it'll still ask for a 20 hexidecminal password for just a demo. huh? Ok so I added a 20 character thing in there it passed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell basic graphics demo.

I have been thinking about another shell scripting project using the Arduino Diecimila board. I was going to make a kids level slow 8 channel Logic Analyser. I thought about using the termiinal esc code graphics characters. This is the test code using said terminal escape codes. I have only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Vuejs Periodic Table by Kadin Zhang

Was working on Vue.js and stumbled upon this beautiful Vue project by Kadin Zhang Periodicity is a dynamic periodic table built with Vue.js that animates and graphs data to aid the visualization of chemical concepts. The code is available on GitHub (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Update Profile Image Page (UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485)

Update! UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485 Created a new page for uploaded a profile picture (profile pictures are different than avatar pictures). https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/other https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1158.png ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Video Overview of the Vue.js UserCP @UNIX.com

Here is my second live video screencast (in my life, using Camtasia) with voice for the new usercp: Overview of the Vue.js UserCP @UNIX.com Shout outs to Don Cragun, Corona688, Rudi, Wolf, Made in Germany, stomp, Ravinder, Creative Tim, PubNub and others in the video. Thanks. If you are... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
MKSTEMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							MKSTEMP(3)

NAME
mkstemp - create a unique temporary file SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int mkstemp(char *template); DESCRIPTION
The mkstemp() function generates a unique temporary file name from template. The last six characters of template must be XXXXXX and these are replaced with a string that makes the filename unique. The file is then created with mode read/write and permissions 0666 (glibc 2.0.6 and earlier), 0600 (glibc 2.0.7 and later). Since it will be modified, template must not be a string constant, but should be declared as a character array. The file is opened with the O_EXCL flag, guaranteeing that when mkstemp returns successfully we are the only user. RETURN VALUE
The mkstemp() function returns the file descriptor fd of the temporary file or -1 on error. ERRORS
EINVAL The last six characters of template were not XXXXXX. Now template is unchanged. EEXIST Could not create a unique temporary filename. Now the contents of template are undefined. NOTES
The old behaviour (creating a file with mode 0666) may be a security risk, especially since other Unix flavours use 0600, and somebody might overlook this detail when porting programs. More generally, the POSIX specification does not say anything about file modes, so the application should make sure its umask is set appro- priately before calling mkstemp. CONFORMING TO
BSD 4.3, POSIX 1003.1-2001 NOTE
The prototype is in <unistd.h> for libc4, libc5, glibc1; glibc2 follows the Single Unix Specification and has the prototype in <stdlib.h>. SEE ALSO
mkdtemp(3), mktemp(3), tmpnam(3), tempnam(3), tmpfile(3) GNU
2001-12-23 MKSTEMP(3)