Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract lines if string found from last 30 min only Post 303030517 by rockstar on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 09:04:56 AM
Old 02-12-2019
Code:
#!/bin/bash

NOW=$(`date +%s`)
last=$(( $NOW - 30*60 )) # last 30 minute
while read mth dy hhmmss A9 ; do

curr-time=$(date --date "${mth} ${dy} ${hhmmss}" '+%s')
if [[ "$curr-time" -ge "$last" ]] ; then
echo "${mth} ${dy} ${hhmmss} ${A9}"
fi
done < log.out

tried to use epoch (%s) but not able to use the date format which i have it in log file and +%s as it was giving the invalid date error :

Code:
-bash: curr-time=: command not found
- locked <0x000000050ef88b10> (a java.lang.Object)

Last edited by Neo; 02-12-2019 at 10:17 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to rockstar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best approach for a 10 min extract out of several log files with timestamped records

I have a task where I need to code a shell script to extract a 10 min range (10 min from now until now) extract of a log file. I taught I could simply use a command that would say something like Start=date - 10 min but I didn't find anything. Looks like the only solution would have to code a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after the search string until blank line is found

All I want is to look for the pattern in the file...If I found it at # places... I want print lines after those pattern(line) until I find a blank line. Log EXAMPLE : MT:Exception caught The following Numbers were affected: 1234 2345 2346 Error java.lang.InternalError:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find min.max value if matching columns found using AWK

Input_ File : 2 3 4 5 1 1 0 1 2 1 -1 1 2 1 3 1 3 1 4 1 6 5 6 6 6 6 6 7 6 7 6 8 5 8 6 7 Desired output : 2 3 4 5 -1 1 4 1 6 5 6 8 5 8 6 7 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep log lines logged in 10 min

A log files has lines (1 line per each log for a majority; a few for 2 lines per each log) May 31 14:00:11 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo: jdoe : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - May 31 14:03:19 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo: jdoe : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get 20 lines above string found, and 35 below string

i want to search a log for a string. when that string is found, i want to grab the a set number of lines that came before the string, and a set number of lines that come after the string. so if i search for the word "Error" in the /var/log/messages file, how can I output the 20 lines that came... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move a block of lines to file if string found in the block.

I have a "main" file which has blocks of data for each user defined by tags BEGIN and END. BEGIN ID_NUM:24879 USER:abc123 HOW:47M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:arp2 STATE:active PROCESS:id60 END BEGIN ID_NUM:24880 USER:def123 HOW:4M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:xyz2 STATE:running PROCESS:id64 END (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrate MIN and MAX in a string

I need to use awk for this task ! input (fields are separated by ";"): 1%2%3%4%;AA 5%6%7%8%9;AA 1%2%3%4%5%6;BB 7%8%9%10%11%12;BBIn the 1st field there are patterns composed of numbers separated by "%". The 2nd field define groups (here two different groups called "AA" and "BB"). Records... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with min value, using two field separators.

I have a file with two ID columns followed by five columns of counts in fraction form. I'd like to print lines that have a count of at least 4 (so at least 4 in the numerator, e.g. 4/17) in at least one of the five columns. Input file: comp51820_c1_seq1 693 0/29 0/50 0/69 0/36 0/31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 5 December 2014 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)