Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LM 19.1 from pendrive
Operating Systems Linux LM 19.1 from pendrive Post 303030489 by 69Rixter on Monday 11th of February 2019 07:45:38 PM
Old 02-11-2019
LM 19.1 from pendrive

I've "installed" LM 19.1 to a PNY 16Gb(2.0) pendrive. I have a few issues that I'd like to resolve. First and foremost, the O.S. experiences "lagging" issues and to a lesser degree, freezing. Example: Complete "boot-up" (from start to complete "home" page) can take upwards of 7 mins. Then when "opening" a browser (Opera- I've uninstalled Firefox) again, a major "lag" of around 5-6. mins. followed there as well. One of the "updates" was GRand Unified ver.2 which I thought might help, but hasn't. I'm wondering if there are inherent problems with running LinuxMint from a pendrive. I ask this because when I tried to run (awhile ago) LM 18.3, I had unresolved problems with "persistence". I'd love to use LM, but as you can see, the way it is "running" it's too much hassle. I'd like to know if anyone has experienced any problem like the ones I described and if there was any resolve? Love some advice/help.
Thank You:

SmilieRick

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

4. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies
Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)

NAME
Audio::MPD::Common::Time - class representing time of current song VERSION
version 1.120881 DESCRIPTION
Audio::MPD::Common::Status returns some time information with the "time()" accessor. This information relates to the elapsed time of the current song, as well as the remaining and total time. This information is encapsulated in an Audio::MPD::Common::Time object. An Audio::MPD::Common::Time object does not update itself regularly, and thus should be used immediately. Note: one should never ever instantiate an Audio::MPD::Common::Time object directly - use the mpd modules instead. ATTRIBUTES
$time->time; The time passed to the constructor, used to compute all others values (see methods). It is the time value (on the "time" line) of what the MPD server returns to the status command. Defaults to "0:0". METHODS
my $str = $time->sofar; Return elapsed $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $str = $time->left; Return remaining $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $str = $time->left; Return total $time ("minutes:seconds" format). my $percent = $time->percent; Return elapsed $time (percentage, 1 digit). my $secs = $time->seconds_sofar; Return elapsed $time in seconds. my $secs = $time->seconds_left; Return remaining $time in seconds. my $secs = $time->seconds_total; Return total $time in seconds. my $mins = $time->sofar_mins; Return minutes part of elapsed $time. my $secs = $time->sofar_secs; Return seconds part of elapsed $time. my $mins = $time->left_mins; Return minutes part of remaining $time. my $secs = $time->left_secs; Return seconds part of remaining $time. my $mins = $time->total_mins; Return minutes part of total $time. my $mins = $time->total_secs; Return seconds part of total $time. AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-01 Audio::MPD::Common::Time(3pm)