Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Simple conditional yields too many responses Post 303030482 by Xubuntu56 on Monday 11th of February 2019 01:27:53 PM
Old 02-11-2019
@rbattel--
Quote:
Can I presume that if you enter hawk then the output you get is:-
Yes, that's exactly what I get. I will work on flag/variable success/failure suggestion.

@joeyg--I'm not sure how to use the Found/NotFound.

@vgersh99--I must have done something wrong. Couldn't get your suggestion to work.

@Scrutinizer--your first code worked exactly as I hoped for. Will get to array and declarations soon.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping to machine and count responses

if i wanted to ping all the machines in a given directory (/etc/hosts) and return a total count of responses how would i go about scripting that? complete newbie...so be gentle if ; then //$1 = /etc/hosts cd "$1" //this puts me into the directory i need...but how do i send ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trostycp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate responses

I would have searched for this but I couldn't really think of what to use for the search text... I've got a situation where I need to automate responses to an executable when running it from a script so that it can be made into a job the operators don't have to interact with. When I run it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djp
2 Replies

3. Linux

How do I capture responses from the chat command?

Unfortunately googling the word 'chat' gives you zebedee billion responses that relate to everything and few of them refer to the linux chat command. I've read the man page and found a couple of examples but can't see how to do this. I want to query the modem for it's manufacturer, product id... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to Calculate Correct Responses

Hello, I am trying to count how many times a subject makes a correct switch or a correct stay response in a simple task. I have data on which condition they were in (here, labeled "IMAGINE" and "RECALL"), as well as whether they made a left or right button response, and whether the outcome was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahn
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk conditional one-liner

Hello, I'm looking for an awk one-liner that prints the first two data fields, then contains a conditional where if $3>$4, it prints $3-$4. Otherwise, it prints $3. Example: Data file: 123,456,999,888 333,222,444,555 654,543,345,888 444,777,333,111 Output: 123,456,111 333,222,444... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP responses failing under high system load

Greetings, I've got a Zenoss v2.5 server monitoring a large video encoding farm. Needless to say, these systems are under high bandwidth and CPU utilization the majority of the time. What I'm running into is that, occasionally, these systems will fail to respond to a standard SNMP request,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

DNS: Dig returns different responses...

Hey everyone, Okay, so I've been having some fun with the dig command, and wanted to dig my old school. Two questions came up from this. So I: dig @8.8.8.8 +recurse njcu.edu ANY and the result is about 8 records, including the SOA record. One of them is this weird TXT record, and the other is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp via NFS vs. scp yields unexpected difference

I have two Linux machines, Linux1 and Linux2. They both have two NFS mounts. We'll call them /scratch1 and /scratch2. And they both reside on the same NetApp filer. If I copy a 512Mb file from /scratch1 to /scratch2 while logged on Linux1 it takes 40s. However if I scp this file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a file - and assigning responses to variables (or something)

So first: Sorry if the title is confusing... I have a script I'm writing with a file with several names in it (some other info - but it's not really pertinent...) - I want to be allow the user to delete certain records, but I ran into a problem I'm not sure how to go about fixing. If I were... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabster
6 Replies
booleans(8)						SELinux Command Line documentation					       booleans(8)

NAME
booleans - Policy booleans enable runtime customization of SELinux policy DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes SELinux policy booleans. The SELinux policy can include conditional rules that are enabled or disabled based on the current values of a set of policy booleans. These policy booleans allow runtime modification of the security policy without having to load a new policy. For example, the boolean httpd_enable_cgi allows the httpd daemon to run cgi scripts if it is enabled. If the administrator does not want to allow execution of cgi scripts, he can simply disable this boolean value. The policy defines a default value for each boolean, typically false. These default values can be overridden via local settings created via the setsebool(8) utility, using -P to make the setting persistent across reboots. The system-config-securitylevel tool provides a graphical interface for altering the settings. The load_policy(8) program will preserve current boolean settings upon a policy reload by default, or can optionally reset booleans to the boot-time defaults via the -b option. Boolean values can be listed by using the getsebool(8) utility and passing it the -a option. Boolean values can also be changed at runtime via the setsebool(8) utility or the togglesebool(8) utility. By default, these utilities only change the current boolean value and do not affect the persistent settings, unless the -P option is used to setsebool. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. The SELinux conditional policy support was developed by Tresys Technology. SEE ALSO
getsebool(8), setsebool(8), selinux(8), togglesebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 11 Aug 2004 booleans(8)