Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to send mail from non-global zone Post 303030468 by samthewildone on Monday 11th of February 2019 08:14:18 AM
Old 02-11-2019
[FIXED]

Long story short, there was a entry in the /etc/hosts file which shouldn't have been there. Removed it, restarted sendmail service and retested, systems sends mail out.

The entry needed to be removed in the hosts file was;

'hostname . '
This User Gave Thanks to samthewildone For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to send mail?

i am trying to execute the below script for sending mails from unix MAIL1="xyz@yahoo.com" mailx -s "hi" $MAIL1<message.txt if then echo "failure" else echo "success" fi but iam unable to send this eventhough iam getting success in the output if i logout and login i have a "you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
1 Replies

2. AIX

unable to send mail

hi, I have tried this code to send mail.Its not giving me error but I am not receiving mail also. #!/bin/ksh echo "The first mail" >msg cnt=`cat /dir1/msg | wc -l` if then mail -s "Hello" abc.xyz@domain.com < msg fi I have also tried with the command mailx -s "hello"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send a mail

Hi, I have been trying to send a mail from a remote site using this script To send the mail: #!/bin/ksh MAILTO="abc@xyz.com" BACKUPDIR="/wls_domains/wli81_1/RHTEAM/OUTPUTBACKUP/" #BACKUPDIR="../OUTPUTBACKUP/" while ; do print $1 uuencode $1 $1 | mail $MAILTO ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monicaminj2000
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to send mail

Hey guys i got this error my logs - I ping 127.0.0.1 and it says that its alive - I checked sendmail and it is running - I tried to send a test email but nothing happens it seems that it hangs - What is the possible cause of this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to send mail

hi all i got two server, mercury and procyon mercury can send email but procyon cannot below is their syslog mercury: Jul 6 13:17:17 mercury sendmail: n665HGXg006886: to =<leecw@domain.com>, ctladdr=<ora10g@mercury.domain.com> (4001/101), d elay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
7 Replies

6. Solaris

[b]How to mount a folder from global zone to non global zone??

Hi All There is one folder in global zone I just want to share the same folder innon global zone. How can i do it? pls send me script for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to access serial port from non-global solaris zone on netra 240

I am trying to use a serial communications device that is connected to /dev/ttyb on a netra 240 server. This is a solaris zone configuration using solaris 10 0910. I am able to access /dev/ttyb from the global zone but not throught he non-global zone. I have enabled all of the tty devices in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disagreeable
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to send mail

Hi friends I am trying to send mail through a unix server. I am using following command mailx -s "THIS IS TEST" jhon@gmail.com Whenever i am typing the above command it is going to next line when i press @ on unix server prompt. so it is taking this command as following mailx -s "THIS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send mail with 'mail' command

I am unable to cause the 'mail' command to send mail from my linux ubuntu 15.10 computer. File 'mail.log' typically reports Connection timed out. I issue the command: mail -s "my subject" recipient@domain.com < filenamewhere filename is a file containing my message. Specifically, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcnm
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login via console mode to non-global zone

tldr; We've installed a non-global-zone from a unified archive which once booted, we're unable to gain access to the system either through zlogin or zlogin -C. Errors; svc.startd: instance svc:/system/console-login:default exited with status 127 Investigation; 1) Already opened a SR with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
chosts(1M)						  System Administration Commands						chosts(1M)

NAME
chosts - expand cluster names into host names SYNOPSIS
$CLUSTER_HOME/bin/chosts name [name...] DESCRIPTION
The chosts utility expands the arguments into a list of host names. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name The parameter name can be a hostname or a cluster name. If name is a hostname, it is expanded to be a hostname. If name is a cluster name, that is, an entry exists in the /etc/clusters database (or a NIS or NIS+ map), it is expanded into the list of hosts that make up that cluster, as specified in the database. The list is typically used by programs that wish to operate on a list of hosts. If an entry for clusters has been made in the /etc/nisswitch.conf file, then the order of lookups is controlled by that entry. If there is no such file or no such entry, then the nameservice look up order is implicitly nis files. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWccon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ccp(1M), cconsole(1M), cports(1M), crlogin(1M), cssh(1M), ctelnet(1M), clusters(4), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 8 Sep 2007 chosts(1M)