Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file Post 303030454 by Don Cragun on Sunday 10th of February 2019 11:42:47 PM
Old 02-11-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik
Iam using Linux OS and the file is .xml , And i need all the values of job_id as you mentioned not just 3.
OK. So does the code I suggested in post #23 produce the output you want if you change the name of the file in the script to match the name of your input file?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of lines w/out header and footer incude for a file

I am trying to get a total number of tapes w/out headers or footers in a ERV file and append it to the file. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh dat=`date +"%b%d_%Y"` + date +%b%d_%Y dat=Nov16_2006 tapemgr="/export/home/legato/tapemgr/rpts"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each small files

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file

Is there any command to eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)