Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file Post 303030441 by karthik on Sunday 10th of February 2019 05:54:32 PM
Old 02-10-2019
Hi Corona,

I have tried the below where as i can find job_id value when trying to replace the job_id values with comma seperator that new_var is blank kindly assist

Code:
JobId =$(cat Response.xml | awk -F"Job_Id>" '{print $2}' | awk -F"<" '{print $1}')
echo $JobId

JOB_ID output here is :12345

Code:
NEW_VAR=$(echo $JobId | sed -e "s/^/'/" | sed -e "s/$/'/" | tr '\n' ',')

Output:12345,23415 is the expected output for the NEW_VAR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of lines w/out header and footer incude for a file

I am trying to get a total number of tapes w/out headers or footers in a ERV file and append it to the file. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh dat=`date +"%b%d_%Y"` + date +%b%d_%Y dat=Nov16_2006 tapemgr="/export/home/legato/tapemgr/rpts"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each small files

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file

Is there any command to eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies
Slurm API(3)						      Slurm job signal calls						      Slurm API(3)

NAME
slurm_kill_job, slurm_kill_job_step, slurm_signal_job, slurm_signal_job_step, slurm_terminate_job, slurm_terminate_job_step - Slurm job signal calls SYNTAX
#include <slurm/slurm.h> int slurm_kill_job ( uint32_t job_id, uint16_t signal, uint16_t batch_flag ); int slurm_kill_job_step ( uint32_t job_id, uint32_t job_step_id, uint16_t signal ); int slurm_signal_job ( uint32_t job_id, uint16_t signal ); int slurm_signal_job_step ( uint32_t job_id, uint32_t job_step_id, uint16_t signal ); int slurm_terminate_job ( uint32_t job_id, ); int slurm_terminate_job_step ( uint32_t job_id, uint32_t job_step_id, ); ARGUMENTS
batch_flag If non-zero then signal only the batch job shell. job_id Slurm job id number. job_step_id Slurm job step id number. signal Signal to be sent to the job or job step. DESCRIPTION
slurm_kill_job Request that a signal be sent to either the batch job shell (if batch_flag is non-zero) or all steps of the specified job. If the job is pending and the signal is SIGKILL, the job will be terminated immediately. This function may only be successfully executed by the job's owner or user root. slurm_kill_job_step Request that a signal be sent to a specific job step. This function may only be successfully executed by the job's owner or user root. slurm_signal_job Request that the specified signal be sent to all steps of an existing job. slurm_signal_job_step Request that the specified signal be sent to an existing job step. slurm_terminate_job Request termination of all steps of an existing job by sending a REQUEST_TERMINATE_JOB rpc to all slurmd in the the job allocation, and then calls slurm_complete_job(). slurm_signal_job_step Request that terminates a job step by sending a REQUEST_TERMI- NATE_TASKS rpc to all slurmd of a job step, and then calls slurm_complete_job_step() after verifying that all nodes in the job step no longer have running tasks from the job step. (May take over 35 seconds to return.) RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and Slurm error code is set appropriately. ERRORS
SLURM_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ERROR Protocol version has changed, re-link your code. ESLURM_DEFAULT_PARTITION_NOT_SET the system lacks a valid default partition. ESLURM_INVALID_JOB_ID the requested job id does not exist. ESLURM_JOB_SCRIPT_MISSING the batch_flag was set for a non-batch job. ESLURM_ALREADY_DONE the specified job has already completed and can not be modified. ESLURM_ACCESS_DENIED the requesting user lacks authorization for the requested action (e.g. trying to delete or modify another user's job). ESLURM_INTERCONNECT_FAILURE failed to configure the node interconnect. SLURM_PROTOCOL_SOCKET_IMPL_TIMEOUT Timeout in communicating with SLURM controller. NOTE
These functions are included in the libslurm library, which must be linked to your process for use (e.g. "cc -lslurm myprog.c"). COPYING
Copyright (C) 2002 The Regents of the University of California. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
scancel(1), slurm_get_errno(3), slurm_perror(3), slurm_strerror(3) Morris Jette November 2003 Slurm API(3)