Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file Post 303030211 by Don Cragun on Thursday 7th of February 2019 06:12:32 AM
Old 02-07-2019
In addition to what RudiC has already said, note that asking us to tell you why the command:
Code:
awk -f xml_String_split.awk -f xml_split.awk OUT=$x"" ROWS="500" $x $x

doesn't work without showing us your code contained in the files xml_split.awk and xml_String_split.awk is rather difficult.

My crystal ball isn't working well enough to spot your problems in these files this morning.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of lines w/out header and footer incude for a file

I am trying to get a total number of tapes w/out headers or footers in a ERV file and append it to the file. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh dat=`date +"%b%d_%Y"` + date +%b%d_%Y dat=Nov16_2006 tapemgr="/export/home/legato/tapemgr/rpts"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each small files

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file

Is there any command to eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies
English(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      English(3pm)

NAME
English - use nice English (or awk) names for ugly punctuation variables SYNOPSIS
use English; use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; # Avoids regex performance penalty # in perl 5.16 and earlier ... if ($ERRNO =~ /denied/) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read. Variables with side-effects which get triggered just by accessing them (like $0) will still be affected. For those variables that have an awk version, both long and short English alternatives are provided. For example, the $/ variable can be referred to either $RS or $INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR if you are using the English module. See perlvar for a complete list of these. PERFORMANCE
NOTE: This was fixed in perl 5.20. Mentioning these three variables no longer makes a speed difference. This section still applies if your code is to run on perl 5.18 or earlier. This module can provoke sizeable inefficiencies for regular expressions, due to unfortunate implementation details. If performance matters in your application and you don't need $PREMATCH, $MATCH, or $POSTMATCH, try doing use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; . It is especially important to do this in modules to avoid penalizing all applications which use them. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 English(3pm)