Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM Post 303030178 by Neo on Thursday 7th of February 2019 03:00:19 AM
Old 02-07-2019
OK.. edited... now we have v0.2 - Wolf's changes, above.

Thanks Wolf! Hope I corrected all to your satisfaction ... if not, I'm sure you will let us know! - the Rolling Stones.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Eric's Questions and Answers Blog

I hope this is ok so I will ask if I may use this thread to ask questions about programming. May I use this thread to ask questions and answer questions? If the answer is yes, this is a thread made for minimizing the amount of threads I post to ask questions about programming. Please feel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
REDIFF(1)							     Man pages								 REDIFF(1)

NAME
rediff, editdiff - fix offsets and counts of a hand-edited diff SYNOPSIS
rediff ORIGINAL EDITED rediff EDITED rediff {[--help] | [--version]} editdiff FILE editdiff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
You can use rediff to correct a hand-edited unified diff. Take a copy of the diff you want to edit, and edit it without changing any offsets or counts (the lines that begin "@@"). Then run rediff, telling it the name of the original diff file and the name of the one you have edited, and it will output the edited diff file but with corrected offsets and counts. A small script, editdiff, is provided for editing a diff file in-place. The types of changes that are currently handled are: o Modifying the text of any file content line (of course). o Adding new line insertions or deletions. o Adding, changing or removing context lines. Lines at the context horizon are dealt with by adjusting the offset and/or count. o Adding a single hunk (@@-prefixed section). o Removing multiple hunk (@@-prefixed sections). Alternatively, if only one argument is provided, it is taken to be the edited file and the counts and offsets are adjusted as appropriate. Some assumptions are made when used in this mode. See recountdiff(1) for more information. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of rediff. SEE ALSO
interdiff(1), recountdiff(1) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 13 May 2002 REDIFF(1)