Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Simple Autosave and Recovery for Forum WYSIWYG Editors Post 303029445 by Neo on Saturday 26th of January 2019 09:25:47 AM
Old 01-26-2019
Hey!

So far, I have tested and it works great in Chrome, but is not working as well as it should in Safari.

Will try FF next.

Update:
  1. Chome (Works as Expected)
  2. Safari (Works but NOT Updating as Expected - Not as reliable as Chrome).
  3. FF (Local Storage seems blocked. This is why I am not a fan of FF).

Bottom Line:

If Autosave and Recovery is important to you, use Chome!

If you a Safari user, then it seems to work OK, but not as good as Chrome.

FF, well... it seems hopeless!!

Cheers!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

editors?

Just started out with C and are looking for a good editor in *nix that marks the code with colors. This is maybe a newbie thing to have the C code in colors but i like it and you can almost always se when you are typing wrong. :) Ive heard that emacs should have that option but i havent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexdoctor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editors for UNIX

Where can i find editors for UNIX? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail utilities and editors.

I was wondering what other mail utilities besides 'mutt, unix mail, PINE and elm' are available for unix. Also, what other editors are around besides 'VI, pico, vim and emacs'... I've been searching the net looking for some answers, but nothing much has come up.. thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shonnie
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

On Linux, Putty Log is not WYSIWYG like the screen?

Hi all, I am not sure if this is a known issue. I am using Putty and logging the session into a log, only the printable one. On Solaris, all is working fine. But on Linux servers, Redhat or Suse, while the screen looks correct, the log file is not. Note example below: On the screen,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Web Development

TODO: Add Javascript for Reply and New Post Autosave

TODO: Add a some javascript to: Autosave to browser localstorage when a member is creating a new post or replying to a thread (rewriting any prior text in autosave). Create a button on the editor to load the text stored in the autosave function. Difficulty: Easy. Estimated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)