Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T5220 not able to boot from USB Post 303029296 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 24th of January 2019 12:38:08 PM
Old 01-24-2019
I powered off server and started again and then it worked. Thanks for correcting and pointing to correct path
Code:
boot /pci@0/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@0,2/storage@3/disk - text

this worked for me

Last edited by solaris_1977; 01-24-2019 at 06:13 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to solaris_1977 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to boot Fedora 8 from USB

Hi, friends, can anyone suggest me how to boot fedora 8 from USB flash drive? thanks. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
3 Replies

2. Linux

Usb Boot

Hi I am trying to create a fedora 11 usb boot disk for my acer aspire note book. Problem is the only access i have to another machine is a mac running leopard. Can some one tell me how i go about this please Treds (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

3. Solaris

T5220 fails to boot

One of our T5220 servers fail to boot due to following error: ERROR: The following devices are disabled: XAUI1 XAUI0 I can't see any disabled components in SP console, any idea what is the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: belalr
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Clone one partition and boot from USB

I have small problem: my hard drive has 500GB storage and it is divided into partitions /dev/sda1 - 20 GB (boot) /dev/sda2 - rest I want to clone only one partition /dev/sda1 and write all data on my USB stick /dev/sdb What's more I want to make my USB bootable and I don't know at all how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menda
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Copy existing Ubuntu to boot from USB

Hello all, I am looking for a way to copy the existing Ubuntu server 12.04 to a USB (with all the packages and such) and make it boot from the USB. I have seen other threads about copying the CD image to the USB, which is not exactly I am looking for. Before I start diving into anything I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
4 Replies

8. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
EHCI(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
ehci* at cardbus? function ? ehci* at pci? dev ? function ? usb* at ehci? DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), ohci(4), pci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BUGS
The support for hubs that are connected with high speed upstream and low or full speed downstream (i.e., for transaction translators) is lim- ited. BSD
Aug 10, 2008 BSD