Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Failing to add new NetApp disk AIX 7.1 - but no error Post 303029266 by vbe on Thursday 24th of January 2019 04:23:26 AM
Old 01-24-2019
Can be many things ... with the information given we cant guess your configuration / architecture ... Is the OS of a true physical server or a LPAR ? etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 errpt full of message: DISK OPERATION ERROR

Hi All, Can anyone explain me the meanning of the following errors: LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: B6267342 Description DISK OPERATION ERROR Probable Causes DASD DEVICE Failure Causes DISK DRIVE DISK DRIVE ELECTRONICS Recommended Actions PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianlu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not get netapp to mount RPC Not registered error

getting "NFS mount: netapp : RPC: Program not registered" error searched the site but none of the fixes from previous threads are helping (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
2 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Failing to write retrieve script for tape to disk conversion

I have the below script which has been written to retrieve files from tape drive i.e. TSM server. Now i have to write the script using UNIX commands for retrieve operation but I am not able to proceed. The script is: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f set timeout 1800 set file spawn $env(SHELL)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrsaurav
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help!! Failing HP-UX 11 system disk

Firstly, system setup - HP900 K460, 3 internal hard drives that make up the system volume group(vg00) no software mirroring HP-ux version 11.00 2 Nike 20 raid arrays attached, fully populated with 40 4gb hot swap drives(All used in production environment) I have 3 disks that make up my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy failing disk to Spare

Hi Guys, I have a failing 4gb (c0t5d0) drive that contains lvol4 -8 on hp-ux. It's not the boot disk but is part of VG00 volume group. Within that group, I have a disk (c0t4d0) of the same size that has 1 lvol on it for swap(4gb) I also have a seperate 1.5 gb swap volume on another physical disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rees_a
1 Replies

7. AIX

FIREFOX Failing in AIX

Hi Guys, I tried running the firefox in AIX 6.1 and got the below error.. -bash-3.00# firefox Could not load program /usr/mozilla/firefox/firefox-bin: Could not load module /usr/mozilla/firefox/libxul.so. Dependent module /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.a(libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0) could not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing disk space script in AIX

#!/bin/ksh for AIX used=0 mount=${1:-"/mountpoint"} threshold=${2:-80} #message="hello" #SUBJECT="Disk Space Alert" #EMAIL="xyz@abcinc.com" used=`df -k $mount | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'` #echo "Free Space available under \"$mount\" is `expr 100 - $used`%.\n">$message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshw61
6 Replies

9. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

10. AIX

SIGTERM failing in AIX

I have 2 AIX 6.1 systems running on PowerPCs - production and .. .everything else. :p . Until the installation of a TLS certificate in an application, some copying of files ("cloning an environment") and upgrading a listener, sending a kill -15 worked on any script/application, so long as we were... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrucker
6 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)