Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Use command 2 incase command 1 fails Post 303029130 by Neo on Tuesday 22nd of January 2019 03:04:17 AM
Old 01-22-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohtashims
This would fail on Linux servers where only grep works and not the one with the full path.

Hence, i would need to use the full path only if grep command fails & if my memory helps me I guess there should be a way to achieve this.
It does not fail if you use a different script for each major class of server like I said in my reply.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment I am going to give you a WARNING to listen and follow the experts here, or else receive infractions (and maybe banned if you continue not to listen and build insecure solutions at your work). You are just wasting our time with your poor, insecure, over-complex solutions. I have told you MANY times. Consider this your first warning from the site admin. We are not going to help helping you build insecure, overly complex solutions at your work. First warning.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at command fails

hi, all the user on my machine can't launch at job anymore. they all got the message "error in message send" each time they launch something using the at command. i tried to empty the job queue but the error message is still there. What can I do ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a329743
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX: chpath command fails

Hi Guys, i'm having trouble changing the path-priority. Now both priorities are 1 as you can see in the lspath-output. Any ideas why the chpath command fails? # chpath -l hdisk3 -p fscsi1 -a priority=10 Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-080 Invalid routine argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip command fails in ssh

I'm trying to run a set of commands on a remote machine using ssh in a shell script. One of the commands is unzip. But when the execution reaches this command, the script fails with an error that unzip is not found. Below is the code and the error snippet. sourceDir=$1 ; filename=$3 ; destDir=$2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print error and exit if command fails?

Guys any tips on printing a certain error message to stderr and exiting should a command fail within a ksh script? I'm trying to null some output files. Touch isn't suitable as i need to null them. print "" > file isn't suitable as i need to check elsehere for if they are 0bytes or not. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
5 Replies

5. AIX

Find command fails in crontab

Hi , I imported find command I have on my hp-ux server to clean up the /tmp of my new IBM AIX servers. Though, the commands always fails in the cron but if I past it at the prompt, it works find. I tried with at jobs and regular 'find' . Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cforget2810
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check one command and if it fails moves to other command

Input is list of Server's, script is basically to remove old_rootvg, So it should check first command "alt_rootvg_op -X old_rootvg" if it passes move to next server and starts check and if it fails moves to other command "exportvg old_rootvg" for only that particular server. I came up with below,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar command fails

I am on Oracle Linux: tar -cpzf export.tar.gz /dir/dir1/dir2/* bash: /bin/tar: Argument list too long I tried the workaround from the folder /dir/dir1/dir2: find . -name '*' -print | tar -cpzf export.tar.gz --files-from – My issue is that the command inludes the newly created tar... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)