Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Color a Badge Based on the Weeks the Member is Active in the Latest Sequence Post 303028797 by Neo on Tuesday 15th of January 2019 08:29:58 AM
Old 01-15-2019
FYI, MySQL fields above:

Code:
| weeksinsequence           | smallint(5) unsigned|
| lastweekactive            | float unsigned      |
| lastactivity              | int(10) unsigned   |

Trigger on each page hit (in a global init file), as follows:
Code:
    <?php
    $now = time(); 
    $limit = 60 * 3; 
    if (isset($_COOKIE['badgeshashtime'])) { 
        $prior_time = $_COOKIE['badgeshashtime']; 
        $diff = $now - $prior_time; 
    } else { 
        setcookie("badgeshashtime", $now); 
        setcookie("badgeshash", $hash);   // NOT USED YET 
        $diff = $now; 
    } 

if ($diff > $limit) { 
    // do the badge update dance
   }

So basically, all badges are checked and updated updates every 180 seconds or more based on the registered user's browsing habits, which is reasonable (3 minutes).

Since generally the $_COOKIE['badgeshashtime'] is normally set for all normal users with (99.999% have cookies enabled); this generally fires off every 3 minutes (checks) when a registered user in on the site, and of course, if they go have a glass of milk, it will check when they return, unless that are really fast to the frig.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color line based on first field

Hello, I have a bash script that outputs the following text to a file and then prints that file to the screen: |64 |30 |0 |8 |23:59:14 |38 |57 |2 |14 |00:09:05 |29 |50 |4 |20 |23:58:04 |20 |48 |7 |23 |00:05:44 |18 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnj00
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk color codes based on condition

HI i have two files say test and test1 Test.txt Code: Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 99.6% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun04 2TB 1.55TB 89.6% Code: Test1.txt Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 89.5% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Requirement is to compare... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to increment weeks based on fiscal start year

Hi Folks - I'm looking for the best way to to increment fiscal weeks - allow me to explain. At my one client, 10/01/17 was the beginning if year fiscal year 2018. Each week, I need to manage a unique set of variable that are updated in my application - they are called substitution variables.... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
31 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies
Convert::Color::CMY(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Convert::Color::CMY(3pm)

NAME
"Convert::Color::CMY" - a color value represented as cyan/magenta/yellow SYNOPSIS
Directly: use Convert::Color::CMY; my $red = Convert::Color::CMY->new( 0, 1, 1 ); # Can also parse strings my $pink = Convert::Color::CMY->new( '0,0.3,0.3' ); Via Convert::Color: use Convert::Color; my $cyan = Convert::Color->new( 'cmy:1,0,0' ); DESCRIPTION
Objects in this class represent a color in CMY space, as a set of three floating-point values in the range 0 to 1. CONSTRUCTOR
$color = Convert::Color::CMY->new( $cyan, $magenta, $yellow ) Returns a new object to represent the set of values given. These values should be floating-point numbers between 0 and 1. Values outside of this range will be clamped. $color = Convert::Color::CMY->new( $string ) Parses $string for values, and construct a new object similar to the above three-argument form. The string should be in the form cyan,magenta,yellow containing the three floating-point values in decimal notation. METHODS
$c = $color->cyan $m = $color->magenta $y = $color->yellow Accessors for the three components of the color. ( $cyan, $magenta, $yellow ) = $color->cmy Returns the individual cyan, magenta and yellow color components of the color value. SEE ALSO
o Convert::Color - color space conversions o Convert::Color::RGB - a color value represented as red/green/blue o Convert::Color::CMYK - a color value represented as cyan/magenta/yellow/key AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-15 Convert::Color::CMY(3pm)