Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bridging Talk
Top Forums Programming Bridging Talk Post 303028737 by homebeach on Monday 14th of January 2019 04:58:48 AM
Old 01-14-2019
In this context bridging means connectivity to other networks. For example using talk to join IRC channel. This would be achieved by making a program that relays messages to IRC and back.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bridging with SSH Tunnels

Here is the scenario: I use an OpenBSD 2.9 box as my firewall and gateway at the house. One of the boxes behind my OpenBSD box is my FreeBSDBox. I would like to be able to use port forwarding with SSH to enable a secure connection from work to the OpenBSD box and to have the OpenBSD box... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apple talk

Does anyone know how to route apple talk through a bridged connection ? :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxamaynard
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

UNIX talk

I have the manpage for this utility on my system, but the utility itself is not there. My friend has the utility, but it does not work, not even on the same machine. Does anyone remember it? What software package is it related to? Where is it configured? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

problem with bridging!!! :(

Hello, I have an UTM that has 4 ports. I was bridged two ports of it. my pc wired to one port and other one to network. Now I can ping my default gateway but it doesn't work(I haven't access to internet) even http of gateway, what happened? what route I should added? Thanks in advance.:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

openindiana bridging problem (brctl)

Hello all, I was trying to hooking up several computers into my openindiana server box, the server box has few RJ45 gigabit ethernet. The desired hierarchy of the network will be shown as on the picture attached. I would like to connect each host into my gigabit ethernet because of me and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enno
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Anybody want to talk about Krack?

At face value this looks bad for Android 6 and Linux. Wi-fi security flaw 'puts devices at risk of hacks' - BBC News (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
1 Replies
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector - A PoCo-IRC plugin that deals with the messy business of staying connected to an IRC server SYNOPSIS
use POE qw(Component::IRC Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector); my $irc = POE::Component::IRC->spawn(); POE::Session->create( package_states => [ main => [ qw(_start lag_o_meter) ], ], ); $poe_kernel->run(); sub _start { my ($kernel, $heap) = @_[KERNEL ,HEAP]; $irc->yield( register => 'all' ); $heap->{connector} = POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector->new(); $irc->plugin_add( 'Connector' => $heap->{connector} ); $irc->yield ( connect => { Nick => 'testbot', Server => 'someserver.com' } ); $kernel->delay( 'lag_o_meter' => 60 ); return; } sub lag_o_meter { my ($kernel,$heap) = @_[KERNEL,HEAP]; print 'Time: ' . time() . ' Lag: ' . $heap->{connector}->lag() . " "; $kernel->delay( 'lag_o_meter' => 60 ); return; } DESCRIPTION
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector is a POE::Component::IRC plugin that deals with making sure that your IRC bot stays connected to the IRC network of your choice. It implements the general algorithm as demonstrated at <http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook/IRC_Bot_Reconnecting>. METHODS
"new" Takes two optional arguments: 'delay', the frequency, in seconds, at which the plugin will ping the IRC server. Defaults to 300. 'reconnect', the time in seconds, to wait before trying to reconnect to the server. Defaults to 60. 'servers', an array reference of IRC servers to consider. Each element should be an array reference containing a server host and (optionally) a port number. The plugin will cycle through this list of servers whenever it reconnects. Returns a plugin object suitable for use in POE::Component::IRC's "plugin_add" method. "lag" Returns the current 'lag' in seconds between sending PINGs to the IRC server and getting PONG responses. Probably not likely to be wholely accurate. AUTHOR
Chris "BinGOs" Williams <chris@bingosnet.co.uk> SEE ALSO
POE::Component::IRC POE::Component::IRC::Plugin perl v5.14.2 2011-12-07 POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector(3pm)