Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed Post 303028728 by nezabudka on Monday 14th of January 2019 04:23:22 AM
Old 01-14-2019
It was interesting to try to implement this algorithm on the sed
Code:
#!/bin/sed -nrf
2~4 h
4~4 {
H;x
s/(.*GCATGAAAACATACA.{3})(.*)/\1\r\2/
}
/\r/ {
:1
s/^.(.{2}[^\r].*)/\1/
T2
s/(\n).(.*)/\1\2/
t1
:2
s/^(.{3}).*/\1/mg
s/(.*)\n(.*)/Codon:\t\1\tQuality Score:\t \2/p
}

Last edited by nezabudka; 01-14-2019 at 09:08 AM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

outputting selected characters from within a variable

Hi all, if for example I had a variable containing the string 'hello', is the any way I can output, for example, the e and the 2nd l based on their position in the string not their character (in this case 2 and 4)? any general pointers in the right direction will be much appreciated, at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help delete characters in a string

Hi Please help me to refine my syntax. I want to delete the excess characters from the out put below. -bash-3.00$ top -b -n2 -d 00.20 |grep Cpu|tail -1 | awk -F ":" '{ print $2 }' | cut -d, -f1 4.4% us now i want to delete the % and us. How wil i do that to make it just 4.4. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redtred
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove the last characters from each row of csv using shell script

Hi, I've a csv file seperated by '|' from which I'm trying to remove the excess '|' characters more than the existing fields. My CSV looks like as below. HRLOAD|Service|AddChange|EN PERSONID|STATUS|LASTNAME|FIRSTNAME|ITDCLIENTUSERID|ADDRESSLINE1 10000001|ACTIVE|Testazar1|Testore1|20041|||... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete row if a a particular column has more then three characters in it

Hi i have a data like hw:dsfnsmdf:39843 chr2 76219829 51M atatata 51 872389 hw:dsfnsmdf:39853 chr2 76219839 51M65T atatata 51 872389 hw:dsfnsmdf:39863 chr2 76219849 51M atatata 51 872389 hw:dsfnsmdf:39873 chr2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed cut characters of string

helloo I wonder if there's a way to cut characters out of a string and keep only the last 2 by using sed. For example if there's the todays' date: 2012-05-06 and we only want to keep the last 2 characters which are the day. Is there a quick way to do it with sed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and substituting a string with special characters in variable

Hey guys, I know that title is a mouthful - I'll try to better explain my struggles a little better... What I'm trying to do is: 1. Query a db and output to a file, a list of column data. 2. Then, for each line in this file, repeat these values but wrap them with: ITEM{ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed command - find a string between two characters

Hi, I have a xml file (Config.xml) <Header name="" TDate="" PDate=""> <Config> {"config" { "Nation" "Pri:|Sec:"}} </Config> </Header> Now I wanted to printed all the strings between "". I tried the following cat Config.xml | sed -n 's/.*\.*//p' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace nth characters with string

Hi, I hope you can help me out please? I need to replace from character 8-16 with AAAAAAAA and the rest should stay the same after character 16 gtwrhtrd11111111rjytwyejtyjejetjyetgeaEHT wrehrhw22222222hytekutkyukrylryilruilrGEQTH hrwjyety33333333gtrhwrjrgkreglqeriugn;RUGNEURGU ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reporting characters after string

I have a file that looks like this: >ID 1 AATAATTCCGGATCGTGC >ID 2 TTTGACAGTAGAC >ID 3 AGACGATGACGAT I am using the following script to report if AATTCCGGATCG is present in any sequence: awk 'FNR==1{n=substr(FILENAME,1,index(FILENAME,".")-1)} { print n "\t"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
putws(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						 putws(3C)

NAME
putws - convert a string of Process Code characters to EUC characters SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <widec.h> int putws(wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
The putws() function converts the Process Code string (terminated by a (wchar_t)NULL) pointed to by s, to an Extended Unix Code (EUC) string followed by a NEWLINE character, and writes it to the standard output stream stdout. It does not write the terminal null character. RETURN VALUES
The putws() function returns the number of Process Code characters transformed and written. It returns EOF if it attempts to write to a file that has not been opened for writing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ferror(3C), fopen(3C), fread(3C), getws(3C), printf(3C), putwc(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Apr 1997 putws(3C)