Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple selective keyword Report Post 303028625 by rbatte1 on Friday 11th of January 2019 10:44:14 AM
Old 01-11-2019
Hello ckwan,

After 60 posts, I'd hope you could help us out a little here. I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • Are the line numbers to display meant to just be sequential in the output or to represent the line it is found in the input?
    • Where you have two items found being written on the same output line, which input line would you want it to refer to?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Kind regards,
Robin
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple search keyword in grep

Dear All, I have a file containing info like TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:1945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh I need to show only lines containing TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective input passing, for cron with multiple interval

0,0 4,5 11 11 * /pkgs/roots/scripts/job_monitor.ksh i have the requirement like, for the first time(4) the script should have the input parameter as "Value1" but the second time(5) it should have the input parameter as "Value2" Can we achieve this using any cron options ? If yes, How..??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 column data into multiple columns based on a keyword in a row??

Hi Friends I have the following input data in 2 columns. SNo 1 I1 Value I2 Value I3 Value SNo 2 I4 Value I5 Value I6 Value I7 Value SNo 3 I8 Value I9 Value ............... ................ SNo N (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Multiple lines below a keyword using SED?

I have 9,000 + html files. I am using the following to remove the content from a certain line up for i in `ls` do sed '1,569d' $i > $i.bak done This will remove the unwanted formatting keeping the content I need which changes in each HTML file. the problem I have now is that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to develop a script to create a report reading multiple server logs

I am currently trying to develop a script to connect to mulltiple servers, reading specifc data from log files on the servers and append the data from each file into a single tab delimited row. So, at the end I am planning to have a report with all the extracted data with each row per server. I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingnewbie
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

selective grep

Hello, I have been using the command below for file manipulation. while read A B; do grep $f1; done < f2 > f3 So, if a certain string is found in f2 (for ex; DOG243435) and it is also present in f1, then print that string plus the contents of the line in which it was found onto f3. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selective ls

Hi all :wall: Can anyone advise how do I use ls to do a selective amd sorted listing of file that I want to have as below? Am looking for files that are named as log_<nnnn>.txt, where <nnnn> are numeric, i.e. I want to have a listing sorted from the newest to the oldest of files that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective grouping

I have a text file in this format. Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.11 #User xxxxxxxxx #Password aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.22 #User yyyyyyyyyyyyy #Password bbbbbbbbbbbbb (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)						   User Commands					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - script for adding and removing SCSI devices without rebooting SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [options] [host [host ...]] OPTIONS
-a, --alltargets scan all targets, not just currently existing [default: disabled] -d enable debug [default: 0] -l activates scanning for LUNs 0--7 [default: 0] -L NUM activates scanning for LUNs 0--NUM [default: 0] -w, --wide scan for target device IDs 0--15 [default: 0--7] -c enables scanning of channels 0 1 [default: 0 / all detected ones] -r, --remove enables removing of devices [default: disabled] -f, --flush flush failed multipath devices [default: disabled] -i, --issue-lip issue a FibreChannel LIP reset [default: disabled] -u, --update look for existing disks that have been remapped -s, --resize look for resized disks and reload associated multipath devices, if applicable --forcerescan rescan existing devices --forceremove remove and readd every device (DANGEROUS) --nooptscan don't stop looking for LUNs is 0 is not found --color use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL --hosts=LIST scan only host(s) in LIST --channels=LIST scan only channel(s) in LIST --ids=LIST scan only target ID(s) in LIST --luns=LIST scan only lun(s) in LIST --sync, --nosync issue a sync / no sync [default: sync if remove] --attachpq3 tell kernel to attach sg to LUN 0 that reports PQ=3 --reportlun2 tell kernel to try REPORT_LUN even on SCSI2 devices --largelun tell kernel to support LUNs > 7 even on SCSI2 devs --sparselun tell kernel to support sparse LUN numbering Host numbers may thus be specified either directly on cmd line (deprecated) or or with the --hosts=LIST parameter (recommended). LIST: A[-B][,C[-D]]... is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (No spaces allowed.) SEE ALSO
rescan-scsi-bus.sh Homepage: http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/#rescan-scsi sg3_utils Homepage: http://sg.danny.cz/sg rescan-scsi-bus.sh 1.57 leden 2014 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)