Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to Wolf Machowitsch Post 303028600 by Peasant on Friday 11th of January 2019 01:51:38 AM
Old 01-11-2019
Congratulations mr.Wolf

Reading your work on these forums has always been an inspiration.
Your advice and best practices articles/posts are great value to any system guy.

Approach you take is almost always academic, and in my heart you are the professor here Smilie

Regards
Peasant.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Four More UNIX.COM Achievement Award Badges to Award

Happy New Year! There are currently four UNIX.COM achievement awards up for grabs, as the say. Here they are, in no particular order: The Order of the Raven The Order of the Hippo The Order of the Spider The Order of the Dragon Don't ask me what they mean, or who who will get those... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to Corona688

Congrats to Corona688 for a much deserved and long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to Corona688 in 2019 for UNIX Wizardry and his continued... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to Wisecracker

Congrats to wisecracker for the first lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" The first "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to wisecracker in 2019 for RF Electronics Engineering and Computer... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to RudiC

Please join me in congratulating RudiC for his long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to RudiC for Computer Wizardry in the UNIX Operating... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to Scrutinizer

Please join me in congratulating Scrutinizer for his long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to Scrutinizer for Computer Wizardry in the UNIX... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Poster of the Year 2019 Award Announcement and Call for Nominations

Dear All, I am pleased to post that I am announcing a new award, "Poster of the Year 2019" and calling for your nominations (privately to me). This is a new award and I plan to announce the winner for this year (2019) in January 2020. The prizes will be (still working out the details): ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
snscan,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  snscan,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snscan - display information on articles in the spool sncat - display articles in the spool sncancel - cancel articles in the spool SYNOPSIS
snscan [options] articlespec... sncat [options] articlespec... sncancel [options] articlespec... options: [-n] [-s since] [-o outputfile] DESCRIPTION
snscan displays information on all articles specified by articlespec, in the form newsgroup serial id on a line, one line per article matched. This output is suitable for feeding to snprimedb. sncat displays the articles specified by articlespec. sncancel marks articles specified by articlespec as canceled, so they become unavailable to sn programs. ARGUMENTS
articlespec defines a broad pattern for articles. It takes two mutually exclusive forms. Specify by newsgroup and serial number Here articlespec is newsgroup[:range[,range]...] where each range is serial[-[toserial]] (where toserial is greater than serial). If toserial is omitted, then all articles after serial are matched. If both serial and toserial are empty, then only the first and last articles are matched. Specify by articles message ID Here articlespec is -i id... where each id is a message ID, angle brackets optional. OPTIONS
-n This option weeds out articles that are aliases. If an article is crossposted, there will be an original copy, the others will be aliases to it. This option prevents information being displayed if it is not from the original copy. -ssince This option weeds out articles that were obtained before since. since is in the format year/month/day[:hour:minute] where each is a number. year may be 2 or 4 digits, and / and : can be any non-digit character. -ooutputfile Write output to outputfile instead of descriptor 1. Sometimes you just don't feel like using the shell. EXAMPLES
sncancel linux.lemmings:12 Cancel article 12 from linux.lemmings. snscan linux.lemmings:4,12- Display information on article 4, and also articles 12 to the most recent article, from linux.lemmings. sncat -n -s 1998/4/1 linux.lemmings Display all articles that are not aliases, and which were entered after April 1 1998, from linux.lemmings. snscan -i '123@myhost' Display information on the article whose ID is <123@myhost>, in whichever newsgroup it is found. FILES
Each articlespec or id on the command line refers to articles in the news spool located in /var/spool/sn. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. EXIT CODES
snscan exits 0 on success, 1 on usage error, 2 on system error, and 3 on other errors. It is not an error to specify an article that does not exist, or which does not meet the since criterion. SEE ALSO
snprimedb(8) N.B. Harold Tay snscan,v0.3.8(8)