Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with "rsh" on RedHat
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue with "rsh" on RedHat Post 303028551 by RudiC on Thursday 10th of January 2019 10:45:40 AM
Old 01-10-2019
You say "different sites". Are you using a VPN? What about routing? Firewall? Not too probable, as interactive access seems to work, but...?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to check status code in "rsh" command

Hi folks, I wrote a ksh program which run scripts from remote server. To check the status code I wrote the following function: check_remote_status() { status_code=`tail -1 $installLog` if ] ; then echo $errMsg | tee -a $installLog exit 1 else echo $validMsg >> $installLog fi... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. AIX

xx=`date +"%a %b %d"`;rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz ?

AIX 4.2 I am trying to do an rsh grep to search for date records inside server logs by doing this : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz gives : grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Jun. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 11. But if I do : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` grep "^$XX" zzz it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

4. AIX

rsh server "script..." which $PATH is used ?

When running a script on a distant server via rsh, what is the $PATH used ? I had done a script in the /usr/local/bin but the rsh reported it did not find it. So I assume it is using a separate $PATH but how can I find out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)				       Linux					 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)

NAME
fw - fwmark traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... fw [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
the fw filter allows to classify packets based on a previously set fwmark by iptables. If it is identical to the filter's handle, the fil- ter matches. iptables allows to mark single packets with the MARK target, or whole connections using CONNMARK. The benefit of using this filter instead of doing the heavy-lifting with tc itself is that on one hand it might be convenient to keep packet filtering and classifi- cation in one place, possibly having to match a packet just once, and on the other users familiar with iptables but not tc will have a less hard time adding QoS to their setups. OPTIONS
classid CLASSID Push matching packets to the class identified by CLASSID. action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. EXAMPLES
Take e.g. the following tc filter statement: tc filter add ... handle 6 fw classid 1:1 will match if the packet's fwmark value is 6. This is a sample iptables statement marking packets coming in on eth0: iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 6 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iptables(8), iptables-extensions(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)