Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Suggestion on running critical Oracle DBs on OVM Post 303028514 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 10th of January 2019 12:38:04 AM
Old 01-10-2019
Thank you very much for all details. It gives me better understanding and more options to explore.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6

Hello, I would really appreciate some help with a problem my current client is having. He has an old legacy app that does his company's financial accounting and ERP for manufacturing, etc. The app was written by a company called "Just in time" in Austin, TX, and they are no longer in business. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w0lf
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Test if Oracle listener is running

Hi All , I am new to shall scripting, i want write an script for oracle tns and listener. If tns working i want o/p as "Listener and TNS are working" else o/p should be ""Listener and TNS are not Working" below is the command in unix to check the tns status, if no output it means TNS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Oracle SQL from shell script

Hi, can anyone help me with this script please. I need the oracle command to go into the unix batch file. #!/bin/sh # A menu driven Shell script which has following options # for acmtoron@> # # # Exit # As per option do the job #---- while : do clear echo " A C M LOG MONITORING... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinaaguilera
0 Replies

4. Programming

Oracle Scheduled job not running as per schedule.

Hi, Though this is a unix forum mainly, am posting this oracle query here hoping to get a resolution. I have set up two scheduled jobs in oracle 11g for executiong a procedure in specific time intervals. One as Hourly and other as minutely. But the scheduled jobs are not running as per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems

Setup: Multiple Virtual Machines running OEL5 / Oracle RDBMS 11.2 OVM 2 / Xen 3.4.0 Cluster consisting of 3 Machines Shared SAN Storage synced with OCFS2 SAN connected with 4GB FC on 4 Paths per LUN SAN target are 2 EMC Clariion mirroring each other The problems we're facing are that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

6. Solaris

OVM Server for SPARC ... Need Your Help Guys !

I have two SPARC T4-2 servers: - Oracle Solaris 11.1 Installed. - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0 software Installed. - Shared LUN provisioned to both servers from Clariion CX4 storage box (shared LUN to be used for the Live Migration of the VMs). - Oracle VM Agent 3.2.1 for SPARC installed. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run different SQL on multiple DBs using SHELL script

Hi Experts, I have a list of Dbs.In that DBs i need to execute some sql scripts. each sql script is unique and it should run on particular DB only. For example. i have DBs like MDC20V,NDC20V,ODC20V and sql scripts like MD.sql,ND.sql,OD.sql.so MD.sql should run only in MDC20V and ND.sql should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
CTL_CYRUSDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CTL_CYRUSDB(8)

NAME
ctl_cyrusdb - perform operations common to all Cyrus databases SYNOPSIS
ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -r [ -x ] ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -c DESCRIPTION
Ctl_cyrusdb is used to perform various administrative operations on the Cyrus databases. Ctl_cyrusdb reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The configdirectory option is used to determine the default location of the Cyrus databases. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -r Recover the databases after an application or system failure. Also performs database cleanup like removing mailbox reservations (and any associated mailbox files). -x Used with -r to recover the database only. (Prevents database cleanup). -c Checkpoint and archive the databases. Changes to the database which are part of committed transactions are written to disk. Also, a hot backup of the databases is made and inactive log files are removed. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), master(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CTL_CYRUSDB(8)