Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II Post 303028400 by Neo on Monday 7th of January 2019 07:46:49 AM
Old 01-07-2019
Update:

While on vacation, had some free time and have written the core code to show a Bootstrap alert when a member badge changes. Also, have the basic code in place to determine exactly which badge changes, so that can be added to the message; but have not written the function to change the array keys to text.

Currently testing via PHP logging. Seems to work fine.

When I am back at my desk, will write a function to change array keys to user friendly text and continue testing.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
VACATION(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VACATION(1)

NAME
vacation - return ``I am on vacation'' indication SYNOPSIS
vacation -I vacation user DESCRIPTION
Vacation returns a message to the sender of a message telling that you are on vacation. The intended use is in a .forward file. For exam- ple, your .forward file might have: eric, "|vacation eric" which would send messages to you (assuming your login name was eric) and send a message back to the sender. Vacation expects a file .vacation.msg in your home directory containing a message to be sent back to each sender. It should be an entire message (including headers). For example, it might say: From: eric@ucbmonet.Berkeley.EDU (Eric Allman) Subject: I am on vacation Delivered-By-The-Graces-Of: the Vacation program I am on vacation until July 22. If you have something urgent, please contact Joe Kalash <kalash@ucbingres.Berkeley.EDU>. --eric This message will only be sent once a week to each unique sender. The people who have sent you messages are kept in the files .vaca- tion.pag and .vacation.dir in your home directory. The -I option initializes these files, and should be executed before you modify your .forward file. If the -I flag is not specified, vacation reads the first line from the standard input for a UNIX-style ``From'' line to determine the sender. If this is not present, a nasty diagnostic is produced. Sendmail(8) includes the ``From'' line automatically. No message is sent if the initial ``From'' line includes the string ``-REQUEST@'' or if a ``Precedence: bulk'' or ``Precedence: junk'' line is included in the header. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) 4.3 Berkeley Distribution June 16, 1985 VACATION(1)