Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while using sed command Post 303028397 by Jag02 on Monday 7th of January 2019 05:52:25 AM
Old 01-07-2019
Thank you. But i would like the output to be
Code:
/tmp/test/output/TES1  2018071814

The above code gives output as
Code:
/tmp/test/JAN_DAT_TES1 2018071814

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled error.....

Dear friends, please give me the solution to the following query. If a file contains multiple tags of same name, then how to get the required string between the tags, in which the string begins with "W/X" i.e., file1.txt contains following text(please note that all the following tags are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error

Hi, Could some one help me please ? When I execute this command # paste -s -d"^m" swagent.log | sed '{s/\"\./\"\.\n/g}' > swagent.new I get this error. sed: Function {s/\"\./\"\.\n/g} cannot be parsed. Many Thanks in advance Regards, Nagu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srnagu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command garbled error

sed: command garbled: s/ri="*"/ri=" what i did is you can see below sed "s/ri=\"*\"/ri=\"$newri\"/" $2 > output how to solve this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasricha.kunal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed error unterminated `s' command

I have list of data I have cut down to format: I am using sed command to remove the sed 's/ Returns error: sed: -e expression #1, char 5: unterminated `s' command Full code line is: cat textFile | cut -d ' ' -f 4 | cut ':' -f 1 | sed 's/ Thanks, Please use next time code tags... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus73
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled error

Hi all, Suppose that I want to update the db.password entry in the below properties file, db.username=admin db.password=qhKkBno2U5GEq5k/dnmGPA== //I want this line to be replaced by: "db.password=abc/123/" db.host=server db.port=22 db.sid=database However when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error-URGENT

sort.sh ------ ls -lSr|cat -n/*gives the detailed description o files with a serial number concatenated*/ i=0 n=10 j=$n if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& ((i++)) ((j--)) done fi if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dishak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error

When i pass parameter to sed command its throwing error as “SED cannot be parsed”.sed command is working if I pass directly.please tell me how to handle sed command with parameter.Please check below. n=14 `sed 's/'OCCURS $n TIMES'//g' main.txt >sam1.txt`-Not working `sed 's/OCCURS 14 TIMES//g'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivalli
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in sed command

Hi, I am trying to run below script where my input file contains URL 1:Port1 URL 2:Port2 URL 3:Port3 IFS=" " #Loop through the file HSFILE=/home/Temp/Components.txt for line in $HSFILE ;do Url=$(awk -F":" '{print $1}' $HSFILE) Port=$(awk -F":" '{print $2}' $HSFILE) echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)