Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Docker learning Phase-I
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Docker Docker learning Phase-I Post 303028388 by Neo on Sunday 6th of January 2019 09:18:26 PM
Old 01-06-2019
I think, for now, I leave it as "Docker" because I seriously doubt we will see a lot of "container" posts; and Ravinder's goal is to focus on Docker and attract Docker users.

If anyone wants to post a lot of "Container" discussions, then we will consider making a "Container" forum. Having a specific forum is not going to cause people to post; and in the past, specific names to forums that were requested also did not result in people flocking to post because a forum had a specific name.

So in my view, we don't need to think about "forums" too much, just tag "containers" and behold, we have full access to all container discussions.

Ravinder wanted a Docker forum, so he has one because he plans to post a lot here. If he does not follow though, I will eventually move all the discussions in the "Docker" forum elsewhere.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

init phase

Hello, Can somebody explain me the relationship between /sbin and /etc directories ? what is the relationship between them and what are the roles of files such as rcd.1 etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saudsos
1 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase II

Have completed "Phase I" of our project "Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM", I am now moving to "Phase II" which will be changing many of the menus and buttons to use Javascript and CSS for the mobile site menus. For example, here is the new "main side menu" for the mobile site (below).... (63 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
63 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. War Stories

Postbit Changes (Phase II Upgrade)

Next in the pipeline, thinking I will work on postbit (the core of the posts) and try to get Bootstrap and badges working in postbit and not break the quick editors in the post. Note, I had to turn off the scrollbars in postbit for now because when I turn them on, it breaks the quick editor in... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Phase with awk

Hi Guys, Input XML File :- <managedObject class="RMOD_R" distName="MRBTS-101/X/R-7"> <list name="activeCellsList"> <p>15</p> <p>201</p> </list> <p name="aldManagementProtocol">True</p> <p name="serialNumber">845</p> </managedObject> Output :- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Advanced Search Page (Phase 1)

Update: I have completed the first phase of revamping the "Advanced Search" page using Bootstrap (desktop not mobile yet): https://www.unix.com/search.php https://www.unix.com/search.php I may change this to a Bootstrap modal later and change the CSS a bit more; but for now it is much... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
PianoBooster(6) 														   PianoBooster(6)

NAME
pianobooster - learn the piano just by playing a game DESCRIPTION
Piano Booster is piano teaching software that can provide piano lessons for beginners as well as for advanced players. It can be used for teaching music theory and is useful for piano practice and learning piano technique. SYNOPSIS
pianobooster [flags] [midifile] OPTIONS
-d Increase the debug level -q Quick start -h, --help Display a help message -v Display the version number and exit USAGE
Piano Booster is a fun way of playing along with a musical accompaniment and at the same time learning the basics of reading musical nota- tion. The difference between playing along to a CD or a standard midi file is that Piano Booster listens and follows what you are playing on a midi piano keyboard. The program has been designed to allow you to play along on a midi piano keyboard with the scrolling notes shown on the screen. The notes you press on the keyboard appear as coloured lines on the musical stave, the colour of which depends whether you have pressed the right or wrong note. A different musical instrument sound is used for your playing depending whether you are playing the right or wrong notes. This feature also allows Piano Booster to be used with printed sheet music so you can hear if you are playing the right notes while at the same time keeping your eyes on the printed score. The music accompaniment will automatically wait for you to find and play the correct notes in the piece. Timing markers show whether you are playing ahead or behind of the beat. They appear as white crosses that are drawn over the note. FEATURES
- Piano Booster follows you when playing along to a musical accompaniment. If you stop, then so does the music. - Play a single hand and Piano Booster will play the other hand, as well as the rest of instruments, in time with you. - Change the speed of playback to match your playing ability. - Transpose +/- 12 semitones without stopping the play back. - Change the Key Signature of the piece. - Plays any standard midi or kar file. - Play along to any instrument in the midi file. - Adjust the volume of the current part or the volume your piano part. - See how accurate you're playing. - Change the start bar to start playing from any bar in the music. The repeat bars allows you to practice just a few difficult bars contin- uously. - Timing markers are white crosses that are drawn over each note and show if you are playing ahead or behind the beat. - A different instrument sound is used for the right and wrong notes that you play. SEE ALSO
You can find more about the game on its homepage: http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
The game has been written by Louis J. Barman <louisjb@users.sourceforge.net>. This manual page was written by Miriam Ruiz <lit- tle_miry@yahoo.es> for the Debian project. PianoBooster(6)